Chapter 38

Red

Red deflated hearing those words. She really thought that after hearing her out the Queen would remove her spell. Even more so after Arthur said that surprisingly kind speech about her.

No one expected him to say something like that. Neither her for that matter. Although, hearing it made her stomach flop and her face blush knowing he cared that much for her.

So she and everyone else was shocked to hear queen refuse her request.

"Are you serious?" Arthur said, sounding angry. "You can't remove your spell."

"Yeah," Phillip agreed, just as angry. "Isn't it true that a spell cast by a fairy can only be removed by a fairy?"

"Which means you should be able to remove it," added Reggie.

"That is true," said the Queen. "A fairy can remove any curse she cast. However, this one had been cast over many years ago. The fact that it has lasted this long make it harder to remove. If it had been one or two years I would have been able but this? I'm sorry, but that's not possible."

Red felt as of the ground had swallow her. All those challenges and dangers she and her friends faced to get here, wasted. Now she was stuck turning into a werewolf every moon. Soon someone will discover it and then not only will her life end, but possibly her mom's and granny's too.

How could fate be so cruel?

Just as she was about to swirl into a world of despair, she felt a familiar hand on her arm.

Turning, she saw Arthur giving him concerned look.

"Hey," he said. "It's going to be ok. There is no need to worry."

"You friend is right," said The Queen.

"What do you mean?" Red asked, as everyone turned to the fairy. Each one looking confused.

"Well, even though I can't completely remove the spell," she said. "I change it so you can be in control of your transformations."

  Hearing that, Red felt a twinge of hope in her heart. "Can you do that?" She asked.

"Of course she can," answered the High King, sounding as if she had asked a ridiculous question. "And juts her own spells but also ones cast by other fae. Why if it weren't for her, sleeping beauty would have been sleeping with the fishes beauty."

"Thank goodness for that," said Princess Moth.

"However," The High Queen said, turning back to Red. "I can only do it with your permission. So would you like me to change the spell?"

"Will it make it easier to for me to hide my condition forever?" She asked.

"Well, yes. Especially since you will be the one to decide when to transform. However, it will take awhile to activate it. Which hopefully will give you time to keep your family and secret safe until the true beast is found and dealt with. So what do you say?"

"If it means I won't have to lock myself in my room at night anymore," said Red. "Then I'll do it."

"Very well then," said the Queen, waving her hand. In a flash of sparkles a wand appeared in it.

After telling Red to stand still she held out her wand, speaking calmly:

"This spell which has caused on this girl and her family such a toll,
I now make it so over the transformations they have complete control!"

With that the Queen gently waved her wand over the girl's head.

Red stared in awe as sparkling fairy dust rained down on her, fading immediately in a blink.

Once that was done the Queen pulled away with a smile. "There," she said. "It's done, you now have complete control."

Hearing those words Red have a huge smile. "Thank you your majesty," she said, Boeing her head.

"No need to thank me my dear," the Queen replied. "After all, Felix and Greg are like family, and any friends of theirs are our friends too. Now, is there any other questions you'd like to ask?"

"Well not me but my friend Phillip does," she said.

"Oh, I see?" The Queen, turning interestedly to the prince in question. "And what question you would like to ask me, Phillip?"

"Question?" The prince asked. "Oh, right! Um. What question is that exactly?"

"Uh, where your brother and the F7 are?" Red asked, feeling just as confused.

"Oh, that question!" Phillip's eyes widened. "Yeah I don't to anymore. Arthur told me where they are."

"He did?" Red asked. She turned to the dwarf questioningly, who looked away nervously. The urge to ask him where exactly they were but knowing him that would be probably be secret. "That's good I guess."

She then turned back to the Queen. "Well it looks we don't have any other questions then. So we'll just go now and let you go back to your ferocities then."

"Wait mother," said the Princess, stepping down from the thrones. "Since our guests came all this way and all, why don't we let them stay awhile for the first day of the festival?"

Red and her companions froze hearing that. Stay for a festival? Not just any old festival but one for the Fae? Something no human being has ever witnessed? Surely that would be against a Fae law or something! Why would the princess suggest such a thing? No doubt her parents would disapprove of it.

To everyone's surprise though, they agreed!

"What a great idea Moth," said the Queen. "After all we hardly ever human visitors around here at this time. As well as good way of hospitality."

"What do you expect?" The king asked as he joined his wife and daughter. "She inherited your kind heart after all."

"Excuse me your majesties," Red said. "As kind as the offer is, we couldn't possibly impose."

"Impose?" The Princess said. "Don't be silly. After all how many people get a chance to attend a Fae celebration?"

"Yes, it is. But you see we have other important things to do and-"

"Uh, Red," Greg said, coming to next to her. "I wouldn't refuse their offer if I were you. Especially not one from the High Royal Family of all Avalon. There can be bad consequences if you know what I mean. Like cursed into something worse than a werewolf bad."

Red tender up hearing that. That was the last thing she wanted!

She immediately turned back to the royals and said, "Uh on second thought, out stuff can wait. Plus, a Fae festival does sound like fun. What do you say guys, should we go?"

Everyone gave a unanimous yes.

"So there you have it your majesties," she said. "We are going."

"Oh, wonderful," said the Queen, looking thrilled. "You are going to love it."

"But first," said the Princess. "Let's get you changed first."

With that she stepped down and walked to Red looking down at her dress in concern.

"Oh, you don't have to," Red said. "What I have is fine."

"Oh please I insist," she said.

"I wouldn't trust her Red," Arthur warned, hurrying up to her side. His hand was immediately on his sword. "She is trouble."

"Arthur," Red scolded him.

"Don't worry Arthur," the princess assured him. "She'll be in good hands. So, unless you want to end up with an even worse curse than the one you already have I suggest you don't cause a scene. Now, if you'll excuse us."

With that the princess immediately took Red by the hand before she or Arthur could say anything else. Then with a wave of the hand and two transported somewhere.