Chapter 42

Red

It didn't take long to meet up with the others and and returned to the castle. After a quick stop so Red could change back into her regular clothes, they then said their goodbyes.

The princess was the only one to see them off due to her family still being busy with their festival duties. She also gave the pretty dress to keep as reminder of her visit. Red tried to politely refuse but the princess insisted, saying it was an order.

Felix then opened the portal and they all headed back to Fairytale Island.

"Here we are," said Greg, as Felix closed the portal once everyone had safely exited it. "You sure you didn't want us to drop you all back in town? It would take less time."

"No, here's fine," said Red. The last thing she wanted was suddenly magically appearing through some portal with two dwarfs, an elf, her bunny, the second prince of kingdom, and a familiar. "Thanks for your help. Both of you." She said this both to Greg and Felix.

"Yeah thanks," agreed Arthur.

"No prob," said Greg, turning to Red. "And hey sorry that she wasn't able to take your curse off."

"Hey it's ok," assured Red. "At least I was able to see her and ask."

"Well, not that this has been fun," commented Stan, coming up next to Dave. "But we have to go now. Other things to do and all."

"So soon?" Red asked, a little sad. Sure she didn't know them that long, but she had grown fond of these two.

"Yeah," said Dave. "When duty calls we have to answer. Besides, we will still see you guys through the-"

"Dave!" Stan cried sternly. "They are most supposed to know that!"

"Oops, sorry," Dave said, flinching. "Forgot about that. See yah guys."

Red was confused about what Dave meant earlier but before she could ask the two hurriedly ran off and disappeared into the woods.

"Ok they were weird," she commented. "Good but weird."

"No doubt," agreed Arthur, and then turned to her. "Hey, are you sure you're ok with her not removing it."

"Yeah of course," she replied. "Sure I'm happy to still have it, but now that it is changed a little is somewhat better. At least now I can be in control of when I shift and won't have to hide away at night anymore. Which wouldn't have happened without your help as well."

"It was nothing," he said, a little shyly.

"I just wish I really did know where the sleeping beauty was so I could tell where, as originally agreed," she said regretfully. "That way I could have helped you break your curse too."

"Hey it's ok," he assured her. "I'm pretty used to things like this. I'll just keep on looking. Plus, who knows? Maybe I will find her. Well, now that I will have Phillip help me and all."

"Well," she said. "I wish you the best of luck."

"Thanks," he said, before looking away awkwardly. "So, uh, you need help to guide you back home? Because I'd be willing of course."

"No, no, I'm good," she said, feeling just as awkward. "Remember I have been in these woods countless times so I know my back to town. Don't worry."

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm a big girl after all," she replied. "I tie my own boots and everything."

"Plus," Reggie said, coming to stand next to her. "I'll be going with her. You know because I promised Snow and all."