Chapter 30

Red

"What was that?" Red asked.

"I don't know," replied Arthur. "But it sounds like someone's in trouble. He then turned to Phillip. "We should go check it out. Red, you and the rabbit continue on to camp while Phillip, Reggie, and I go check it out."

"Not a chance," she argued. "What if it's a trap set up that prince. Or what if it's those wolves again?"

"Oh, please," Arthur scoffed. "That loser would never come up with a plan a as simple as that. As for the wolves, its not them either because they would have just come out and attack. Besides, they are probably long gone from these woods."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I so badly injured one of them," he proudly replied. "And I did it all by myself."

"Ahem," Phillip coughed loudly, giving an annoyed look at the dwarf. "Did you forget I was there too?"

"Ok, I had some help from Phillip."

"Some help?" Phillip asked, sounding louder and more annoyed.

"Alright, fine. Phillip was the one who who did. Happy?" The this last word he directed at the Prince, who gave a smug smile in return.

He then turned back to Red. "But that doesn't matter who did it. You still have to stay here where its safe."

"As I said before, no way," she said. "I'm not one of your helpless maidens who need to be rescued. So there is now I'm letting you guys get into probable danger. Four is better than three after all, right?"

Danny hopped onto her shoulder, giving her annoyed look.

"I mean five is better than three," she corrected.

"She has a point," Reggie said.

"Yeah," agreed Phillip. "Plus, it would help to have some extra muscle just in case."

Arthur, however, was not convinced. "Wait a minute you guys," he said. "Have you all forgotten that she is a werewolf at the moment? Red, if whoever or whatever sees you, they might try to attack you."

"I can protect myself," she assured him.

"Really?" he asked, looking doubtful. "Have you even been in combat before? Or at least some training?"

"Well, no," she said. "But I can try. How hard can it be?"

Red then did some punches, pretending to punch some imaginary foe.

She heard Phillip and Reggie snickering while Arthur just shook his head, unimpressed.

"Ok, so I'm not a good fighter," she said. "That still doesn't mean I can't come along just in case. In fact, I'll stay out of sight with Davey until we're sure there's danger."

Seeing that she wasn't going to give up, Arthur gave in with a sigh. "Fine, alright, you can come. Just promise you and the rabbit will stay hidden until we let you know?"

"You have my word," Red said, solemnly.

With that they got Axle (who was waiting nearby) they set off.