Chapter 40

Arthur

"I don't like this," Arthur said, pacing. "Not one little bit."

"Arthur, calm down," Phillip said, sitting nearby.

"Yeah," agreed Reggie "They are just getting dressed."

"I know that," Arthur said, annoyed. "It's just that I don't like how long they are taking." He quickly looked back at the door.

The five of them were currently sitting in a sort of parlor for guests of the family. Arthur, Phillip, and Reggie were using the cushioned chairs in the center. Felix and Greg meanwhile stood in a far corner, whispering amongst themselves.

Normally, Arthur would have been suspicious of that and try to eavesdrop. However, his mind was on something else right now.

"These are females we are talking about here Arthur," said Phillip. "Unlike us men who just instantly pick what our clothes, women are different. They take longer to decide what to wear."

"How do you know that?" Reggie asked.

"Our mother," Phillip answered. "She is always a little late for every event all because she has trouble picking out the right dress. We are pretty used to it by now but growing up it drove us insane, right Arthur?"

"Huh?" Arthur asked. He hadn't been paying attention so he didn't hear the question.

"I was talking about how our mother's indecisiveness and how bothering it was growing up."

"Oh right. Yeah that was the worst," he said, not taking his eyes of the door.

"Are you ok?" Phillip asked, looking concerned.

"What?" Arthur asked, turning to his brother. "Uh, yeah I'm fine. Just fine."

"Arthur!" Phillip gave his brother a stern look on his face. One that no amount of persuasion could remove.

"Fine," Arthur huffed. "I am just little worried about Red. That's all."

"Why would you be worried? She's not in danger or anything. Plus, Princess Moth is with her."

"Exactly my point. Have you forgotten what she did to me?" Arthur pointed to himself.

"No, and that because you keep reminding us," said Phillip. "But what does that have to with Red?"

"Uh, I don't know maybe do the same thing to her."

"You'd really think she'd do that?" Reggie asked.

"That princess is a wicked fairy for crying out loud," said Arthur. "Plus, she hates me and my team and of course she'll curse anyone we know."

"She didn't seem to hate either me or Red," Philip disagreed.

"Maybe to you," Arthur huffed. "Either way I can't stand Red hanging out with her.

"You really care about her don't you?" Phillip asked with smile.

"What are you talking about? I just told you I despise that winged female."

"I meant Red."

"Well of course I do," Arthur sighed. "She is a friend after all."

"Really?" Phillip said. "Friends?"

"Oh, no not this again," Arthur said with sigh.

"Oh, yes," Phillip said playfully. "Come on admit it."

"Not happening," Arthur argued.

"Admit what?" Reggie looked confused. "Can someone please tell me what is going on?"