Chapter 47

Arthur

"Could you try to go faster?" Arthur asked annoyed.

"I'm trying," Phillip replied. "But it's hard to see with all this rain."

Arthur just huffed in reply. They were all able to make it back to town. However, the inn was closed by then so they camped near the forest's entrance and decided to head to Red's in the morning. The last thing they expected was rain the nearly the whole day. However, Arthur wasn't going to let something like this keep him from his goal. So here they were.

"Relax Arthur," said Merlin from Phillip's shoulder. "Everything will be alright. After all no werewolf would be out in rain.

He was back in hawk form because so that they could lie low. For one, Arthur had to agree because the last thing they needed was something that drew attention. Being seen with the leader of the F7 wouldn't definitely cause.

Merlin also said that it was Snow who requested that he and Reggie look for and bring back Arthur and Phillip. Something Arthur would thank the princess for when he saw her.

"That may be so," said Arthur. "But I still want to get there as soon as possible."

"Sounds like a man in love," Even though his back was turned to him, Arthur could feel Merlin smirking. "You know I didn't believe Snow when she believed that you had fallen for her friend. Now I see she was on to something."

Arthur was about to turn around and tell his friend to not even think of teasing him when he caught sight of Red's house.

Not waiting for Axle to stop he immediately jumped off and ran to the cottage. Once there he shook the water from his clothes and straightened them. It was important to not appear messy when visiting someone.

"Hey, why are the curtains all drawn?" Arthur heard Reggie say as he knocked. The familiar was on Phillip's other shoulder. They had gotten off and stopped a few feet from the porch.

"I have no idea," said Phillip. "Do you have any idea Merlin?"

"I am just as clueless as you," replied the wizard with a shrug. "Either way it seems odd."

Hearing that Arthur looked around and noticed that the curtains were closed. Merlin had a point that was pretty weird because it was still day time.

He shook that thought away. Red's family probably did that because it was raining so much. After all there is not much to see during a storm.

Speaking of, he thought. Shouldn't they have opened the door by now? Maybe they didn't hear me.

With that he knocked again, only louder to be sure it was heard.

This time there was what sounded like the sounding of feet walking and hushed whispers. Arthur even thought he saw the curtain in the window to his left part open a bit. When he turned to look though it was closed again.

Arthur began to feel that something was wrong here. He immediately turned to his companions Could something have happened to Red and family?

Suddenly, Arthur heard more whispering followed by hurried footsteps and a door closing. Ok, he was definitely suspicious now.

He was about to reach for his sword and force the door open by force when he heard what sounded like a feminine voice say, "Come in, the door is unlocked."

Arthur was still a little suspicious for the voice didn't like either Red, her mother or grandmother. Unless one of them had a cold? Also, how was the door unlocked when he didn't sound of someone doing so?