Chapter 32

Red

 "So where are we going?" Red asked Felix the next day. 

 "Sorry Red," he replied. "If you want to know you'll have to wait till we get there."

 Red gave a little sigh of annoyance as they all continued following the gnome. 

 Honestly, this was not how she expected the morning to go. They were supposed to be heading into Avalon via a door or whatever something by Felix.

 Unfortunately, when she politely asked him after breakfast to do so, simply replied sure but 'not at the camp.' After asking why, he said nothing and just started walking into the forest, telling everyone to follow.

That was hours later and she still had no inkling on where they were going.

 Red was beginning to think that Arthur might have been right about not agreeing to work with these guys. She wasn't going to tell him that though, because the last thing she wanted was him constantly bragging about being right. That and she'd been feeling weird around him lately ever since "the incident" last night.

 "You look like you want to claw someone's eyes out."

 She immediately turned upon hearing Arthur's voice. Speak of the devil, she thought to herself. 

 "What are you talking about?" she asked him, confused.

 "Your face," he explained. "It had an upset grimace on it. Let me guess. It's the gnome isn't it?"

 "No," she immediately replied. She didn't realize she was showing her thoughts on her face. "It's just that the light from the sun keeps getting in my eyes." To make it believable she held up a hand in front of her face.

 Davey (who was on her shoulder) shook his head with a sigh, seeing through her lie. 

 Arthur could clearly didn't believe her either. 

 "Yeah, right," he said. "I've seen a lot of grimaces before (some of them mine) and yours is obviously not due to the sun. Besides, it's not that bright today."

 Red gave a sigh of defeat. He was right.

 "Ok," she admitted. "Maybe the gnome is kind of starting to get on my nerves,"

 Arthur gave a triumphant smile. "I knew it. I could tell the minute I saw your face."

 "You are not gonna brag about that all day, are you?" she asked, crossing her arms.

 "No... maybe," he replied, looking away.

 "Now who's a terrible liar?"

 "Ha, ha, ha," he said sarcastically. "Very funny."

 "The two then smirked at each other. 

 Soon she realized she she was staring longer than necessary at him and his deep, hypnotic blue eyes. The same ones that did gave her that weird tingle last night that they were doing now.

 Red then immediately pulled away, turning her gaze in the opposite direction, with him doing the same.

 "So, uh, nice day huh?" he asked, nervously.

 "It is," she replied, feeling just as nervous.

 Soon after there was a very awkward silence. The only sounds that of their footsteps, the birds in the trees, and Gregg talking excitedly to Phillip and Reggie about something.

 Red knew they should probably talk about what almost happened, but she didn't know what. Which was a first for her because she always knew what to say in any situation. Except now, with someone who made her feel... whatever was each time he looked at her.