Chapter 31

Arthur

"Oh, I'm Gwendolyn Hood," Red said, introducing herself. "But everyone calls me Red Riding Hood."

"Red Riding Hood?" the dwarf asked, surprised.

"Uh, yes," she said awkwardly. "But I also go by Red for short. I guess its an unusual nickname-"

"Oh relax," said the gnome, who reminded Arthur of a grouchy old grandpa. "I have heard weirder names than that back in Avalon. So yours doesn't sound odd to us at all, right?" He said this last word to his companion.

"That's right," the dwarf agreed, nodding vigorously. "I was actually thinking what a cool name that is. Where did you get it by the way?"

"Oh," Red answered, her expression turning to one of surprise. "Well, it's because I have this Red Riding Hood my Grandmother made me that I wear all the time. In fact, I am still wearing it, though it's hard to tell with me like this because all my clothes merge with me when I shift. So it will better to understand when you see me human."

"Oh, I know," said the dwarf.

Felix coughed and gave a brief scowl at his companion, whose eyes instantly widened in surprise when they saw it.

"I mean, I have I know what you mean," he said, trying to act nonchalant and failing. "Yeah, that's it."

"Ok," said Red.

Arthur, on the other hand, just glared at the two. Despite Red's beliefs, he still had a feeling they were trouble. Especially, the stern gnome, who was a fae.

That, and the way they both reacted familiarly to Red's nickname. It was as if they knew her somehow. Very unusual and highly suspicious.

Just then Red continued on, drawing Arthur away from his thoughts.

"Well, anyway," she said. "Over there is Pr- I mean Phillip." She gestured to Phillip, who gave a bow in greeting.

"It is an honor to meet you," he said. "Especially a fae. Also, sorry for trapping you."

"You can stop with the bowing, Your Highness," said the gnome. "It's not like either one of us are the Fae King or something."

"Wait a minute. You know who I am?" Phillip asked, looking flabbergasted.

"Of course, we do," excitedly answered the dwarf. "You are Prince Phillip Pendragon, second in line to the throne of Camelot and the younger brother to Crown Prince Arthur Pendragon."

"Wow. What do you know? Looks like I finally got a fan of my own." He turned to give Arthur a smug look.

Arthur just rolled his eyes.

"Actually," Felix corrected. "He's a fan of your brother."

Arthur gave a snort of laughter as Phillip's expression turned into one of embarrassment.

"Yeah, it's true," Greg confirmed. "I'm a huge F7 fan and know everything about them: their families, likes, etc. Heck, I can even recall any of their heroic deeds and adventures. Such as the time they-"

"I'm going to stop you right there," interrupted the gnome. "No one wants to hear that."

"Oh, come on, its a great story," the dwarf whined. "Why?"

"Because whenever someone brings up the F7, you then start going on and on about them."

"Hey that's what devoted fans do."

"You are more delusional than devoted," argued the gnome. "Just like all the rest. You know what can we just move on and let the girl continue the introductions please? Girlie?"