Chapter 13

Arthur

"So," Arthur said. "You seem to know your way when it comes to camping."

They were sitting around the small fire in the campsite Gwendolyn, or Red as he now called her set up earlier. Currently, they were eating the skewered fish she had prepared. Well he and Red were. The rabbit was eating was just eating berries since rabbits were vegetarians.

"My dad and I would go in the woods a few times back in Whiteburg," Red answered as she took a bite of her fish she liked to be called. "Those stopped after he..." Her voice trailed off as her expression suddenly grew sad. Her rabbit gave her a comforting pat on the hand.

Arthur felt like hitting himself. He shouldn't have asked that question. Time to for a subject change. He cleared his throat then said, "Well, uh I hear your mom is getting remarried. That must be exciting huh?"

"Wait how did you know that?" Asked Red.

"Oh I overheard her talking to your grandmother as o went to bed last night. They also said something not telling you ye- oops."

"Of course she accepted his proposal," she huffed, starting to get angry. "I was afraid of that." The rabbit gave an angry look at Arthur.

Now he made it worse. Maybe he should try another subject. "Uh, speaking of Whiteburg, so you used to be best friends with Princess Snow White? You must be pretty lucky."

"Why wouldn't I," she said. "She is the kindest and most humblest person I've ever known. Though we more like sisters/cousins since our moms were best friends growing up as well."

"I can understand that," Arthur said. It was the same with him and Merlin. Except the n this case their fathers were best friends and would spend time together and after Merlin's father died, his would come visit often and bring Arthur along as well. This led to them being close ever since.

They were even the leaders of a group heroes called The League of Five that started during their time as princes. In fact that group had inspired Merlin and him to start their group with the sons of the rest of the group's members.

"You must her sometimes huh?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it's probably for the best," she said. "Since she'll probably be totally busy with both royal duties and newly married life, so you know. But enough about me, how about you? I already know you have five or six brothers. Are any of you guys close?"

"Oh well six, and they are actually my team members, but we are as close as brothers."

"A team huh?" Red asked. "What do you guys do?"

"Basically we just do hero stuff," he said casually. "Saving others who are in trouble, defeating bad guys. We are kind of like the F7 in a way."

"Except you're all short, green dwarfs," she said.

"Yes exactly ," he said, acting like that didn't bother him. "I am leader in fact, and my best friend Merlin is the second in command."

"Wait, you are swordsman in a group that does hero work," said Red curiously. "And you and your best friend have the same names as the leader and second in command of the F7? What he is a Wizard too?"

Arthur just stared at her, not sure what to say.

"Seriously?" She asked. "Wow I have heard of fanboys who dressed like their hero's but who guys definitely take the cake."

"Uh yeah," he said awkwardly, because technically he was the actual hero and not the fan.

He then changed the subject, again. "Wow," he said, looking at the sky. "Would you look at the sunset? Beautiful right?"