Chapter 7

Arthur

Arthur secretly sighed in relief as soon as Gwendolyn left. Her suspicious look was more than a little uncomfortable. If she stared at at him any longer he would have confessed everything.

While the ladies were busy with their, not so quiet, discussion in the hallway, he was left alone with the bunny, who acted like he tasked with guarding a prisoner instead of keeping company. When the little guy turned to face Arthur though, he was surprised and flabbergasted to find that instead of a little, green dwarf, but a tall, handsome prince in front of him.

That was the only good thing about this curse. When in sight of others, he and his friends were green dwarfs, but were their human selves when each one of them was alone. Apparently, animals were not included because when one of them found themselves alone with any type of creature around they were still human. It was also applied when said animals were cursed humans. So that was why the rabbit was able to see his true form.

He tried to convince the creature not to freak out as well as asking to not tell this to Red (not a problem though, since he couldn't talk). The rabbit was just too stunned to reply though and just kept staring at him, making it really awkward and uncomfortable.

So Arthur just looked away from the rabbit. He also couldn't help overheating the talk between Red and her grandmother, which was about him.

The Grandmother, Meredith, mentioned how Arthur found her while on her way home and, after seeing that she was having trouble carrying her groceries, offered to help her. He had to, since he was raised to be gentlemanly; he was a prince after all! Plus, he didn't have much luck with the other villagers, who were either freaked out by his appearance or didn't strangers much.

Thankfully, the old women wasn't like that and was willing to answer his questions. So he really ecstatic when she told him that she knew the girl he was looking, which is how he found out that they were related. It took all him not to cry out yes in relief. When she even invited him to join her and her family for dinner, he just couldn't refuse. Mainly because he couldn't pass up chance of seeing the girl again.

The girl, on the other hand, was surprised to see him, which later turned to anger. Which is probably why she left to speak with her grandmother.

He couldn't help smiling as as he overheard the old women saying nice thing about him to her granddaughter. Gwendolyn however, did not seem impressed and just complained about him. What she said about the F7 made him wince.

They also talked about her grandfather and a "hairy problem?" Did that mean the guy had a hair growth problem? If so he hoped that wasn't hereditary, because that was definitely not attractive in a women.

When they came back down he immediately went to looking back at the wall and pretended to be bored, not wanting to be caught eavesdropping.

Gwendolyn apologized, yet seemed to not mean her words. She then took her rabbit and went into the kitchen to make dinner. This left him with her much nicer grandmother, who immediately started talking with him as sounds of Gwendolyn getting ready started.

"Again I apologize for her," said Meredith, sitting across from him. "She isn't that trustworthy around others, especially strangers."

"As I said before it's alright," Arthur said assuredly. "She just need time to get to know me is all."

"That is what I told her, but she doesn't seem to agree. Well, what part of Camelot are you from?"

"What?" He asked confusedly. He never mentioned that he was from here.

"Your accent is the same as mine," Meredith explained. "Although you are not from here because I have lived for almost my whole life, and I would have remembered seeing someone like you before."