12

A line of sunlight found it's way through a slit in the curtains that were drawn shut. It hit me right in the face, which made me open my eyes. Four inches from the tip of my nose, Henry was lying asleep and gorgeous. He pursed his lips in his sleep, which made him even more kissable. I could easily stay right there looking at him sleep for the rest of the day. But I was awfully aware of my phone vibrating somewhere in the condo and I knew I had to check it in case it was Bob checking up on business. 

I rolled out of bed and landed on my knees on the throw rug. I was trying my best not to make too much noise, because I really didn't want to wake him. He looked so peaceful. 

I got up and tiptoed into the sitting room to find my handbag. 13 missed calls. 4 were from Bob, 5 were from Gayle, 1 was from Ana, 1 from Sarah and 2 were from my mother. I sent the girls a message in our groupchat:

 I sent the girls a message in our groupchat:

I sent Bob a message.

And then there was the matter of my mother

And then there was the matter of my mother. I had sent her a message before I left for the airport to let her know that I would be away for work for ten days. Mom hardly ever checked her phone and when she did she would usually be too lazy to respond in text. And so I'd have her on the phone for an hour talking about the bake sale she had organised for her local church, Dad's arthritis that was acting up again and the scandalous news from the neighborhood. I made a mental note to call her a little later. 

I quickly snuck into the bathroom and freshened up a bit. As I came back to the bedroom, Henry was still sleeping in the same position as before I left the room. I carefully laid back down next to him and studied his face. His jaw line and his cheekbones marked his face perfectly. He smiled in his sleep and when he did, he had small, fine lines around his eyes. His jaw was covered in stubble and in between the hairs I could see a couple of small birthmarks. 

"I can feel you staring at me", he whispered and opened his eyes slightly. He had that playful smile on his lips. 

He caught me by surprise and I clapped my hand to my mouth and giggled. That made him laugh. He rubbed his eyes and rolled to his back. The tattoos on his chest and sides caught my eye. I was trying to find a connection between all the different symbols. Henry's hand caught my chin and lifted my head up so we made eye contact. 

"Did you sleep well?" he asked without breaking eye contact. 

I nodded. "You?" I said searching his face for any signs of regret. 

"I've never slept better", he sighed and opened his arms inviting me closer to him. I accepted the invitation and put my arm around him while resting my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, slow and steady. It was such a calming rythm. 

Henry played with my hair, while humming a tune. 

"Is that one of your songs?" I asked. I hadn't done a google search to figure out whether I actually knew any of his songs yet. It seemed a little wrong to do so. If you met an accountant on Tinder you wouldn't start by checking his LinkedIn to know his work history. 

"It's a melody I have stuck in my head. I think it might be about you", he said. 

I looked up at him and sent him a little smile. He bent down to give me a kiss and I was quick to reciprocate. His lips were soft against mine. We started slowly, but the kiss became deeper and hotter as he gently moved his tongue into my mouth. I felt a warmth beginning in my chest, moving to my stomach and crawling down towards my core. I sensed his breathing become heavier, which just heightened my feelings of desire. 

I rolled up on top of him and straddled his lap. Henry sat up supporting my lower back and looking straight into my eyes. I was well aware of the position we were in and the way it made him feel. His erection was pushing against my curve, which made me feel so hot. Henry was searching my face for consent, and I nodded to show him that I was okay with what was going on. Slowly we started rocking against each other while kissing deeper and more passionately. It felt magnificent. Henry put his hand down between us and carefully slid a couple of fingers down the waist band of my panties. I gasped in his mouth as his fingers brushed my core. That seemed to drive him wild. I paused for a second to let him relieve himself of his boxers. There was a respectful connection between us as he sought my approval of the situation. I lowered myself onto him and it took all I had not to scream out with pleasure. 

We didn't last long. I was pushed over the edge almost immediately and he followed right after. I laid down next to him and burrowed my face into his neck. He caressed my arm and kissed the top of my head. 

"I could stay like this forever", I whispered into his ear. 

"Let's do that then", he whispered back.