85

Our wedding cake was a beautiful, 5 tiered cake with lots of flowers. We cut the first piece and fed each other a bite each. I knew, Henry would smear the next bite in my face. There was no doubt he would do it, the mischief was oozing out of him. So I smeared his second bite down his chin. He looked at me with a shocked expression, and smeared my second piece on my mouth. Then he licked the cake off my lips. We laughed at each other, and I wiped the cake of his chin and then I kissed him, standing on the tip of my toes. "I love you", I mouthed at him and he mouthed it back. 

Our first dance was to "You Saw Me". Henry started by introducing the song to our guests, letting them know that after the first night he met me - leaving out the details of us sleeping together - he had this melody stuck in his head. The melody grew as he got to know me and then the words came. So this was my song, and it would only be right for us to dance to it. We danced, forgetting about everyone else in the room. Henry whispered things in my ear; some made me blush. He sang along with the song, quietly in my ear, only for me. I felt the tiny bubbles in my stomach and imagined that our baby was listening to her daddy singing to her. I led Henry's hand to where I felt the fluttering. He smiled as he felt something against his hand. "Hey Nugget", he whispered and caressed my belly lovingly.

***

Gayle came and fetched me when it was time for me to change into a different outfit before we left. My wedding dress was staying at the house. In stead I wore a white halterneck dress, knee-length and tight fitting, showing off my bump. 

"Do I need to let you in on the secrets of a woman's wedding night?" She joked, much to my amusement. 

"I think I'm good", I laughed and hugged her. "Thank you for everything Gayle. You are my most favorite person, and I love you so much". 

"I love you too, Elliepea. Now don't forget your bag, it has all the essentials. Did you change into the lingerie I laid out for you?" 

I nodded and she gave me a thumbs up. Then she led me downstairs to find Henry. He was sitting on a bench by the stairs waiting for me to come down. He looked up at me, his eyes sparkling. He looked me up and down and his eyes felt like ember on my body. We needed to get out of here soon. 

We said goodbye to everyone and they walked us out to the limousine that would drive us to our hotel. I lined up all the people who wanted to participate, turned my back to them and threw my bouquet over my shoulder. I turned to see Sarah catch it. I winked at her and smiled at Lloyd, who chuckled at me. Henry held the door to the limousine for me and off we went to spend our wedding night at a hotel. 

***

We were hardly out of our driveway, before we crashed together in the back of the limousine. His lips were all over mine, his hands on my body. I had my fingers in his hair, playing with his curls. He slowly slipped his tongue in my mouth. It was like a heat crept under my skin everywhere I felt him. He set me on fire. I needed to breathe for a second and he smirked at me, as I fanned myself with my hand.

"Do you need the air conditioning on, love?" He said, clearly amused by the fact that he made me so hot.

I stuck my tongue out at him and made a face. He grabbed me by the hips and pulled me closer. I started dramatically fanning myself, making little grunts, pretending I was way too hot to be this close to him. He laughed, his eyes warm and loving. "I love you so much, Ellie Stiles", he said, smiling at me. "Even if you made me cry today". I smiled at the memory of his reaction when he saw me, so moved by it all.

"I thought I couldn't love you more, but it turned out I can. I think I might fall in love with you all over every day for the rest of my life". I smiled at him, feeling rather emotional myself. This love was all consuming, life changing and intense. It hurt to be away from him, even if it was just for a night, and it was like it physically ached when he was away too long.

Henry blinked, his eyes teary again. "Damn, Ellie. Every time I think you can't surprise me anymore, you say something like that and I just feel myself melting in front of you. You have no idea how you make me feel".

"I think I know though. I think it's the same way you make me feel. Like I'm half without you." I tugged a loose curl behind his ear and smiled at him. He blinked a tear away and nodded.

I pulled him closer so I could kiss him. His lips were soft and warm against mine. I paused to look into his eyes, those deep green pools, even more emerald green when he had cried. I put my hand on his cheek, caressing him. He was my husband now, mine to love forever. In a matter of months he would be the father of my child. But most of all he was Henry, magical and wonderful.