90

The night of the event we were picked up in a limousine and driven to the venue, where they were celebrating Henry's Heart. In the limousine I was feeling awfully nervous. There would be a small red carpet leading into the event, and the press were there, taking lots of pictures. The second I would get out of the limousine, my pregnancy would be known to the world. 

Henry held my hand and calmed me the best he could. "You look so beautiful, love. They are going to go beserk when you step out. I'll be there all the way, making sure you're okay."

"I just don't want the attention moved from you and your amazing album to me and Nugget. Our time will come. Today is about you and what you have created", I looked at him. 

"In all fairness, I kind of created Nugget, too", he grinned and squeezed my hand. 

I laughed and felt lighter for a moment. He was so lovely and kind and he genuinely saw the best in most situations. I gestured for him to come closer, so I could kiss him. He scooted closer to me, and I kissed him passionately. He put his arms around me and pulled me into his lap. He kissed me down my neck, and planted little kisses on my chest. I had to practice self control not to start something, I knew we couldn't finish. 

"Oh!" Henry exclaimed, forcing me to snap out of it. "I think she kicked me!" His hands were on my stomach, a huge smile on his face. And just like that she made another little move, as if to confirm that she was there. His eyes lit up and he kissed the spot on my stomach where he had felt her. "Hey Nugget", he said into my stomach, causing me to giggle. "I love you already", he said and kissed the spot again. Then he sang "You Saw Me" to my stomach and the little one seemed to be very active. 

"I think she can hear you", I said. "She's moving a lot right now". Henry beamed at me, looking completely and utterly in love.

"Promise me that you'll still look at me that way when I've had your baby", I whispered. 

He nodded and kissed me. "I see only you", he whispered back as we drove up to the red carpet. 

***

Henry got out of the limousine and waved and did his thing. I stayed in my seat until he had had a few minutes of photos of just him. He said it felt wrong, but I insisted. He needed to have his moment, where it was all about him and the work he had done on a fantastic album. He waved and smiled, thanked fans and signed things and posed with a huge cut out of his album. Then he went back towards the limousine and opened the door and reached out for me. I took his hand and stepped out onto the red carpet. The flashes went off like an explosion, as Henry put his arm around my waist and held me close. The photographers shouted all kinds of things; "Congratulations you two!", "Let's see the newlyweds kiss!", "When is the baby due?" 

Henry whispered in my ear: "Just smile", then he kissed me on my temple and spun me around so all angles of my dress were shown. 

"Ellie! Can we have one of you on your own?" Someone yelled. I looked at Henry, who smiled and shrugged. "Would you like to?" He asked. 

"I don't know", I whispered. He smiled at me and stepped aside. 

I was majorly uncomfortable in the situation, but I let them take a few photos and then I reached out for Henry

I was majorly uncomfortable in the situation, but I let them take a few photos and then I reached out for Henry. He quickly took me by the hand, thanked the photographers and the fans and then we walked into the building.

I let out a sigh of relief as soon as we came into the foyer. The party was being held on the top floor of the building. We needed to take an elevator up, before we were there.

"Are you okay, love?" Henry held me close, helping me calm my nerves.

"I'm okay. I just get so nervous. It's quite scary with all the yelling and screaming, and the constant flashes of light. I'm impressed at how well you handle it". I followed him as the elevator dinged, ready to take us up.

"I don't always handle it particularly well. I can still get seriously nervous at times. Tonight I was excited to be there. I was proud to have my wife by my side and to show off our little miracle bump". He put his hand on my stomach. "I am so fucking proud of you, Ellie. Every time someone looks at you, I see the admiration, the interest and the fascination. But none of them get to take you home, kiss you or touch you. You're all mine, and I still can't believe you wanted me and all my mess". He kissed me while he stood so close to me I could feel his pelvis against me.

I swallowed hard, unable to think clearly. There he went and turned me on again. Not only with the closeness of his body, but mostly with his words. He made me feel so loved and seen. The fact that he was proud to be seen with me meant so much. Me; the wallflower, the introvert, the quiet girl in the group. He could have any woman or man he wanted, but to him there was no one but me.

"I sometimes wish I could see myself through your eyes", I said looking down on my wonderfully comfortable Gazelles. Henry put his hand under my chin and lifted my face.

"I wish you could too. I wish you could see how amazing you are and how much you mean to me. Love of my life", he kissed me and just then the elevator dinged.