Fireworks Between Us - Simon's POV

The sun had set along the skyline of Bjarstad. Wilhelm and I were at the football field.

"Guess what!" I giggled, spinning around.

Wilhelm twirled me in a circle, joining the fun. "What?" He laughed.

"I got you noise cancelling headphones so you don't have to deal with the sound of fireworks." I stopped spinning, smiling at him.

Wille stood with a facial expression I couldn't identify. "Really?" That face changed into excitement.

I nodded and grabbed his hand, leading us over to my bag. I pulled the blue headphones out of a pocket, holding them out to him. Wilhelm giggled and grabbed them, immediately testing how much noise got cancelled.

His eyes lit up. "Say something!" Wilhelm shouted.

I laughed, "I love you!"

"What? I can't hear you!" He yelled again.

We both burst out into laughter. Once we calmed down a little bit, I pulled him into a kiss. I slid one of the ear covers off his ear.

"I love you." I repeated, whispering this time.

Wille broke out into a smile. "I love you more."

"Impossible."

We kissed again, only one of his ears covered this time. I pulled away and began to mess with his hair. We stood in the moment, his hands tangled around my torso, just holding each other tightly.

Suddenly, a huge boom blasted through the town.

"They started!" I placed the headphone back over his ear and pulled him to the middle of the field.

We laid in the kickoff circle at half-field. I had learned that this was one of the best spots for fireworks in Bjarstad with Rosh and Ayub when Rosh had a game and someone set off fireworks. Wille and I held hands, my head on his chest as we were resting next to each other. He placed a kiss on the top of my head.

This was a moment. A good one. One I wouldn't forget.