At Work

Angst ⚠️homophobic slurs⚠️

Y/n is at work. She works at a little 80's style dinner and ice cream parlor. While she is working she encounters a mean guy.

 While she is working she encounters a mean guy

Y/n works at a place similar to this. ^^^

"Anything else I can get for you sir?" You ask.

"No," he says biting his lip "but thank you so much darling"

You smile in reply. You hate when this kind of thing happens but you have to serve the customer with a smile on your face.

You walk out of the bar and go collect some dishes from a table. You are walking past the guy, and he stops you.

"You had great service my dear." He says looking you up and down.

"Thank you sir" you say starting to turn away

"Wait hold up there he says. Here I think you deserve a little something."

He grabs £20 out of his pocket. He stands up and tucks it in your shirt pocket and winks at you. You just smile at him then turn around. You roll your eyes when he can't see you.

You go back behind the bar and start cleaning the dishes. You hear someone come in.

Just like clockwork you say without even looking up "Hi welcome in, I'll be with you in a second."

"Oh take your time." You hear Sadie.

You look up and can't help but smile. Then you remember you are at work.

"I'll be with you in a second ma'am." You say going back to the dishes.

"Take your time love. I'm in no hurry." She says

You smile without even looking up. You finish the dishes and notice the guy at the bar is looking at Sadie.

"You doing okay over here sir?" You ask

"Yes absolutely thank you so much darling." He says

You walk over to the register and look at Sadie.

"Sorry about that wait ma'am. What can I do for you today?" You ask in routine.

"Oh no problem. I was wondering where would be the best place to sit and eat?" She asks flirtatiously

You blush but remember you have to stay professional.

"Well I would recommend sitting at the bar that way you get the full 80's soda fountain experience. Sitting at the booth offers a more traditional diner/ restaurant experience." You say in routine.

"Okay thank you so much." She says

She walks around and sits at the end of the bar. She takes out a menu and starts looking.