**Four**

**Anakin's POV**

**Ten Years Later**

The Clone Wars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been ten years since I've last seen Emmesere and I can't stop dreaming about her since the day we parted. I can't seem to shake our departure from my mind at this very moment,

"Emme, we will see each other again I promise. Master Obi-Wan Kenobi says so. But until we do always promise me that you will wear your necklace the one I made for you."

"I promise I will Ani, and be careful. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you."

"Be safe Emme, I'd never be the same person if I lost you because I wouldn't have anyone to duel harshly with."

**Back to the present**

I keep fidgeting with my clothes trying to make sure I look good, and my Master turns to me saying, "You seem tense."

"Not at all," I answer calmly.

"I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that trap of Gundarks."

"You fell into that nightmare, Master,  and I rescued you, remember?"

"Oh...yes." we both laugh a little.

My master then says, "You're sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath."

"I haven't seen her in ten years master and she's my best friend. You know I used to take whippings for her when we were slaves, and she would clean my wounds. We were very close."

We step out of the elevator and are greeted by Jar Jar who says, "Obi, Ob! Mesa so smilen to seein yousa!" 

"Good to see you again, Jar Jar." he replies

As Jar Jar tells Senator Padmae we have arrived I just stay silent until I see her coming with Master Yoda. She looked so much different than I remembered and I could hardly keep from running to her and hugging her.

Somehow I find it in me to stay in my place and not run to my best friend instead I wait for her to notice me after making introductions with the senator. 

Suddenly she notices me and her whole face lights up but she doesn't rush forward like I had imagined she would, instead, she keeps her composure. As the mission of protecting Senator Amidalla is discussed at hand on the couch. 

Finally, Emme sits down with Master Yoda and all I can do is gape at her taking her in, and how different she looked.  Her hair seemed redder than I remembered, her eyes greener, and she had more confidence since the last time I had seen her. Not to mention her beauty. Even her braids complimented her, as she turned to face me I catch a glimpse of her hair in the back.

 Even her braids complimented her, as she turned to face me I catch a glimpse of her hair in the back

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Emmesere's POV

Master Yoda and I had just come from meditation and my mind was far from clear as if he could read me like a book (which he can whether I want him to or not) he says, "Something troubles you. Does it, not Emmesere?"

I knew that there would be no point in lying to him because he would know if I was in fact lying. 

"Yes, Master, something is bothering me." 

"What now bothers you after meditation?" 

"It's Anakin. Master, he's returned with Master Obi-Wan-Kenobi. I can sense their presence and Anakin is nervous about seeing me again, he's thinking about me and the last time we parted."

"Emmesere, remember forbidden is attachment." 

"I remember Master Yoda, but it's been so long. It's been ten years since I've last seen Ani! He took whippings for me when we slaves, he has scars on his back still."

"Heartbreaking that is to learn Emmesere. Grant some grace I will this time." Yoda replies.

I notice Anakin and even though it's been ten years I would know him from afar by his feelings. He seems tense and nervous when he sees me,  "Anakin?" I question gazing up at him.

"Yeah, um...that's...me," he replies smoothing down his padawan robes.

"Wow, you've...uh...grown," I say as embarrassment swirls inside of me.

"You too, uh...you've grown more beautiful.  I mean, uh...! For a Jedi I mean!" he says awkwardly.

"You too you've become quite the handsome young man!"  I reply with a big flirty smile.

Anakin pulls me in for a hug saying, "Oh, uh...thank you?" 

It comes more like a question but it made me feel good nonetheless.

We hear someone clear their throat and quickly pull away from our embrace, Obi-Wan then speaks, "I am sorry to interrupt your reunion but we have urgent business to discuss with Senator Amidalla."

Obi-Wan gives him a stern look and Master Yoda says, "Right Obi-Wan is my padawan learner."

Anakin and I stay beside one another on the couch, he moves a bit closer to me but not by much. As I was sitting next to Master Yoda.

While discussing security measures for Padme Anakin and Obi-Wan get into an argument because he got sassy, I try not to chuckle but it comes out anyway. Yoda gives me a look of disapproval and I cease.

"Now, if you will excuse me I am going to retire," she replies ending the argument.

"Master Yoda and I must excuse ourselves as well we have some urgent matters to attend to."

"Mind your feelings the both of you, must" Yoda instructs.

"So uh...it's been a long time." I saw awkwardly. 

"I missed you," Anakin says.

"I missed you too. I still have my necklace you made me."

"I dreamed about you constantly since the day we departed, and I'm glad about the necklace."

We walk out onto the balcony to continue talking and I say, "It's been six years since we last trained together, it seems strange to be nineteen now."

"It does feel strange to be an adult now I agree with you. How have you been?"

"I've been good just the usual training stuff with Master Yoda and as my missions get harder he expects more."

Anakin laughs darkly and says, "You're lucky Obi-Wan holds me back he doesn't always see my potential. He thinks I'm not ready."

"Ani, don't worry. Your time will come to prove your-" he cuts me off in a huff saying,

"I have proven myself on multiple occasions but he continues to only see me as a reckless little boy!"

"Calm down, please. I forgot how intense your anger can get!" 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable Emmesere," he replies softly.

I feel an intense emotion in my stomach and chest...a forbidden emotion as he intertwines our fingers, as he suddenly pulls me in for a rather intimate hug I jump. Startled. I return it and whisper, "Ani, I missed you."

"I missed you too Emme." he whispers back.