**Eight**

Emmesere's POV

**The Clone Wars**

The next morning I wake up and select the tan-colored dress with the tiny flowers that Padme had given me, as soon as I finish my shower I put my hair in a half bun. I didn't have to worry about looking like a Padawan now. But then I let my hair down and braid it correctly. 

After I get dressed and put on my boots I walk out to see Padme having breakfast, "Hello, Padme, how was your night?"

"It was nice. I slept well. But was everything alright with you last night? I thought I heard screaming near the fireplace."

"I had a vision but Anakin made me feel better after it."

"Why do I feel as if you are hiding something from me?" Padme asks me raising an eyebrow.

"Anakin and I confessed our feelings for each other last night by the fire. He kissed me earlier on the balcony and I pushed him away but not at first." 

"Is that why you were meditating?" she asks.

"Yes, I was trying to regain control of my thoughts."

"That's amazing! I'm so pleased for you two." Padme says smiling.

"If it's alright with you we had planned on going for a picnic lunch. Do you know any places we could go?"

Padme tells me all about a meadow filled with flowers in an open field and gives me directions to it. 

"He's on the balcony by the way if you were looking for him." she finishes.

"Thanks," I say and make a quick picnic lunch for us.

"Of course," she replies smiling.

I grab the picnic basket and blanket then go out the the balcony finding Anakin looking over the railing, he seemed so happy but there was a hint of sadness and pain mixed in as well.

"Ani, I'm here," I say. 

My best friend turns around to look at me eyeing the things I was carrying before he says, "I was thinking about you just now. Did Padme say we could go?"

"Yes, and she told me where to go," I answer hugging him after setting the picnic stuff down. 

"Please tell me there's no sand," he says.

"We have to walk on a beach but we could try swimming in the water. It could be fun."

"I don't want to feel the sand again Emmesere, not on my skin. Can we just walk until we find the flower field she told you about?"

"Yes, Anakin," I replied holding his hand.

We walk on the beach until we get to the flower field and begin to eat our picnic, for some reason, all I could do was study him. I wanted to speak to him but nothing came out, as I studied his lips, his crystal blue eyes, his dark blonde hair, and the way his Padawan braid came to rest on his shoulder a little bit.

Anakin looks up at me smirking, "How long are you planning to study my face without speaking to me Emmesere?"

I blush and look down at the empty place where our food had been because apparently we had both eaten as I had been staring him down. 

"I'm sorry Anakin, I just...uh...you're so handsome. And I am still struggling to realize my feelings even though I confessed them to you last night."

He smiles awkwardly and laughs a bit then says, "What if I can make you come to terms with them all the way?"

"Anakin...I...I'm...not..." I trail off and lay on my back.

"I know what you are thinking and that is not what I mean. I want you to talk to me like we used to, get to know me again Emmesere, I miss you still."

"Alright, tell me a story of your Jedi adventures and I'll tell you one of mine."

"Obi-Wan and I fell into a pit of gundarks once recently."

"Wait, wait...wait, you and Obi-Wan both fell into a pit full of gundarks?" I ask fearfully.

"Well, I didn't exactly fall into it," Anakin replies rolling his eyes. 

"You're so mysterious Ani," I say with a laugh.

"Anyways so tell me has the Padawan of Master Yoda done anything thrilling lately? Or perhaps clumsy?"

"Would you be surprised if I said a lot of things?" 

"No, you were always the one in trouble with Watto. I have all the scars on my back that should be yours! So I believe it." we both laugh after his note of sarcasm at the end of his somber moment of pain.

"Well, there was one time when I was meditating with Master Yoda, and all of a sudden I just farted really loud. I was mortified and so was he."

"I can't even react to that," Anakin says shaking his head.

"Or the time I had to be in the same room with Chancellor Palpatine and I told him he had weird vibes and I was suspended from all Jedi duties for a month."

"He's a great guy Emmesere, he seems fine to me."

"Anakin, he kept saying things to me that didn't feel right. Like about how powerful I am in the force, that I am becoming as powerful as Master Yoda. He even asked me about you and your force abilities."

"Okay, he's odd but he's nice and does his job well."

I roll my eyes realizing I wasn't getting anywhere with him.

A weird-looking animal walks by us and Anakin gives me one of his signature smirks and jumps onto the animal's back, he keeps his balance as the walks. Until he's thrown forward and falls forward, he tries to get up but falls again. I get up running holding my dress skirt up and shout, "Ani, are you alright?!" I felt panic in my chest.

I crouch down and roll him over to find him laughing his contagious laughter and I laugh with him. I pull his braid and he pulls my arm so I am on top of him, and then we roll around in the grass. When we stop rolling around and chasing each other he helps me up and says, "I have a present for you if you accept it."

"You do?" I ask puzzled.

He nods and uses the force to pick some wildflowers and then puts them into my hair braids. Then we walk back to the beach and he says, "Look at me Emmesere, please so I can see how your beauty compares to the sea."

When I look into his blue gaze he brings his lips to mine and we kiss ignoring our dislike for the sand all we had was each other and nothing else mattered.