**Thirty-Six**

Emmesere POV

"Emmesere," Darth Vader says to me from his desk.

"Yes, Lord Vader?"

He walks over to me and pulls his hood down and I notice his blue eyes.

"I know I'm Anakin right now. And that's why I am telling you this. The Emperor is coming today to the Death Star and I need you to be in your room the whole time until it's safe."

"But you promoted me."

"I know but I...he's almost here I can feel him flying here. Do you have a hood on your dress or a cloak?"

"Yeah, I have a hood."

"Put it on and hurry to your room! Whatever you do don't come out and don't try to feel for me."

"Ani, please..."

"No, I can't lose you again! He'll kill you if he knows you are alive."

I run to my room and hide waiting until he's gone.

I fall asleep and wake up to an intense feeling of hopelessness, pain, and drunkenness. Anakin needed me so I use the force and called out to him.

**Italics are for talking telepathically**

Ani. 

What Emmesere?

You need me. I can feel your pain.

I don't know if it's good to talk to me drunk.

I will help you remember things about yourself, even if you'll forget them in the morning.

I don't forget in the morning I remember everything just as clearly.

So can I come visit you?

I guess so.

Where are you?

My bedroom. Do you know the password?

Yeah, I guessed it. Darling Emmesere Skywalker.

Okay good, then you can come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I easily find Darth Vader's room and say my name and the door opens for me. I see Anakin passed out on his bed, his hair is wet from crying. I walk over to him and find him clutching his whiskey flask tightly in his hand, I then take a risk and lay down next to him.

"Anakin, I'm here," I whisper to him

He stirs and opens his still blue eyes to look at me sleepily, saying, "Hello, Darling Emmesere."

At the moment all I could feel was lust it was coming from me and I knew Anakin could feel it too, because when I look down at his pants I notice.

I reach up and run my fingers through his hair like I used to, and he cups my cheek.

"I've missed this Ani. I will do anything to save you from the dark side."

"I've missed you too Emme, and I'm sorry. I don't know how I can express how sorry I am for everything. For what Vader has done to you."

"I can forgive you, Anakin, but never Darth Vader."

"I can't say that I blame you because I only wanted to save you I never wanted to hurt you or kill you."

"Ani, you didn't Vader did!"

"Can I kiss you? I understand if you don't want me to because of...."

I cut him off and kiss him I didn't care about anything he had done, I just loved him and missed him for so long. 

We stop kissing and I say, "You can do more if you want to Anakin, I'll welcome it. I will do anything to bring you back to the light."

"I can't give into my lust not yet Emmesere, even if you're my wife I still have to adjust to having you by my side again. I need some more time and hopefully, we can be husband and wife again when Darth Vader stays out of the picture."

"I'd like that so much," I answer stroking his hair out of his eyes.

"Your necklace! I thought you'd have destroyed it once you knew I was Vader."

"No, never! It's the most precious thing I have next to our twins and you."

Anakin kisses me and pulls me close to him, I rest my head on his chest like I used to in happier times of our marriage. I could smell the whiskey on his breath and on his shirt but I didn't care because all I could feel was our happiness.

My heart melts when he murmurs, "Goodnight Darling Emmesere Skywalker."

"Goodnight Anakin," I answer.