Mistake

Steve had started driving with no real destination. "So where do you wanna go? Home?" He asked "what's wrong with you and Nancy?" I asked him ignoring his question to me. "She thinks I'm bullshit and we're bullshit and this whole thing is just bullshit bullshit bullshit" he said sounding like he was about to cry or stab someone. It stayed silent for a minute before he asked me where to go again. "Don't take me to the Byers, please" I said pleading to him. "Okay so where?" He asked me still looking at the road. "Anywhere" I said.

We arrived at Steves house not too long afterward. Steve helped me out of the car because he was convinced and so was I that I wouldn't be able to do it on my own. He unlocked the door and went inside. I felt like my stomach was so warm from him touching me. Then my throat then it happened. I threw up. All over myself, the couch, Steve, and everything in sight.

Steve helped me to the bathroom and started to take off his shirt that was now covered in vomit. "What the hell are you do-" before I could finish my sentence I started to throw up again. He started the water in the shower and tried to help me up so I could try and get into the shower myself but that wasn't working. He left the room while I continued to vomit. He came back with a cup of water and some aspirin. "You have to drink this, okay?" He said to me while putting the glass up to my lips. "No" I said moving my head away from the glass. He grabbed my face to put it forward and shoved the glass in my face forcing me to drink it.

With vomit still all over me Steve gave me sweatpants and a shirt to change into. I started to try and take those stupid tights off without ripping them but I was obviously failing. Steve noticed and came over to help. "What are you doing" I asked almost falling asleep by how comfortable the couch felt. Steve looked so good I didn't know what to do. Him helping me was hot. "So are you and Nancy like" I took a short pause then finished my sentence "broken up or what?".  "Yea, I guess" he said looking up at me from on the floor. 

He finished helping me with the dress and stood back up then sat down at the couch and met me at eye level. "Are you and Billy... broken up?" He asked me looking at my lips the whole time. "Yeah, I guess" I said looking at his. The next thing I knew our lips connected and I was on top of him. "Aren't your parents gonna get home?" I said stopping our make out session. "No, they're never here" he said before kissing me again.

The next day I woke up on the couch in sweat pants and my daphne dress layered on top of it with the green scarf no where to be found.

My head hurt and my stomach hurt even worse. I remember what happened last night I just don't remember being in an empty house so why is no one here anymore? I'm in Steve Harringtons house but no Steve Harrington. What the fuck?

I called Jonathan to come pick her up after finding the phone in the kitchen and dialed the Byers number.  "Hey Jonathan, can you come get me. I'm at steves house" I said not even thinking about it. "Steve who? Harrington?" Jonathan said confused. "Just come get me" I said before hanging up and going to Steve's room where I found nothing but an empty unmade bed and clean clothes laid out in the chair. "At least he was thinking about me" I said to myself trying to feel better.

About ten minutes later the door bell rang. "Hey Jonathan" I said swinging the door shut and rushing to his car. We sat in silence for a little bit then he spoke up "why are you at Steve Harringtons house, again?" He asked "and where is Steve Harrington?" He added. "I don't wanna talk about it and I don't know" I said turning up the radio to drown out how much of an asshole Steve Harrington actually was.

Arriving at school, I was pissed. Billy wasn't talking to me which I expected but he sure was flirting it up with Carol and Vicki. The second I saw Steve I turned around around but he ran up to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me to an empty opening between two buildings outside. "I wanted to talk about last night" Steve said acting like it was so important. "Okay" I said wanting to ask him a million of the millions of question I had for him.

"It was a mistake" he told me. My mouth slightly dropped and I held my hands together playing with my fingers. "What?" I said confused. "I love Nancy and you know that" he said trying to find the right words to not hurt me. "Really?" I said trying to not lash out at him. I liked him, I really did. A mistake. Steve started to say a few other things but that word continued to play back in my head not letting me listen. Mistake.