Goodnight

Chrissy quickly looked around to find Izzy, Jason, and Patrick walking outside of the gym to the parking lot. She quickly excused herself from her parents knowing they wouldn't be there when she got back and ran toward her friends who were now outside.

The group of cheerleaders and football players were in a circle talking beside Alex Barkers jeep. Patrick and Izzy spoke as he asked her where Chrissy was. "She pretty much called me an addict and a bitch so" Izzy said. "What happened?" Patrick asked. Chrissy overheard everything already said. She inturrupted Izzy as she opened her mouth to speak.

"She called me a psycho hypocrite bitch for caring if she makes it to 20 years old" Izzy quickly turned around and rolled her eyes.

She looking into Chrissy's eyes while rage filled her head. "Are you fucking serious? I don't need your fucking help, I already said that" She quickly said before getting a responds from Chrissy. "I'm your friend, you need help, I'm just trying to help you. You are addicted" she said trying to get her friend to understand but Izzy couldn't care any less.

Izzy looked back to her boyfriend completely ignoring Chrissy. "So, babe, what were you talking about?" she said causing Chrissy to roll her eyes. She walked over to Jason who was next to Alex talking about who would be driving. "Driving to what?" Chrissy asked her boyfriend forcing a smile. "Alex is having a party at that old shitty diner" Jason said before brushing Chrissy off and continuing the conversation between him and Alex.

                                 ✎

Steve had finally built up the courage to go talk to the cheerleader he had been watching for the hour and a half lasting game. He told Brenda he would be right back before shutting the passenger side door and walked over to Izzy. He tapped her her shoulder and she whipped around.

Her ponytail swung over her shoulder as she brought up her hand to push it back behind her. "Hey Steve, what's up?" She said with a subtle real smile.

"You did really good" he said with a growing smile after finally talking to her after so long. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion before he got the hint to elaborate. "Your cheering, you did really good with the whole in the air thing" he said looking around before his eyes met back up with hers. "Who's this?" He heard from behind Izzy causing him to look. She turned around to be face to face with a tall boy in a basketball uniform with a letterman jacket on.

Izzy looked before smiling and turning back to Steve. "Steve, this is Patrick, my boyfriend and Patrick, this is Steve" she paused thinking of what to call Steve. "My friend" she said settling but regretting it at the same time.

Patrick's eye met Steve's as his eyes widened realizing who he was talking to. "Steve? Like king Steve?" Patrick said before shaking Steves hand. "Um, yeah" he said taking the boys hand. Izzy watched with a smile at Steves cocky face as Patrick began to fan girl over Steves old high school status.

"Well what are you doing back here man?" Patrick asked as Izzy's face went blank lowkey praying he would say he was there for her, knowing he wouldn't even if he was there for her. "Just came to support the team, you know, go tigers" he said smiling.

Jackson Palmer came over grabbing Patrick's shoulder pulling him toward the group of boys. "Well, I'll see you later man. I'll call you later, Beautiful" he said kissing his girlfriend on the cheek.

Steve felt hot anger settle in before he felt relief that Izzy had moved on. He hated that she could and he couldn't. It had only been 3 months and she was already moved on with her life completely.

As Patrick kissed Izzy she could feel Steve's stare into the side of her head. Once Patrick had walked away Izzy looked back to Steve meeting his glare. "So, that's your boyfriend, huh" he said before she awkwardly smiled and nodded while saying yes. An awkward silence set in as it got quieter. The group of basketball players and cheerleaders were long gone over to the old run down Bennys Burgers joint 15 minutes away.

"Are we good?" Steve asked breaking the silence. "Why would we not be good?" Izzy asked looking behind Steve to see his car. She looked to the passenger seat to see Brenda fixing her hair.

Izzy looked back to Steve as he spoke. "We just haven't talked in a while" he said getting an immediate response from Izzy. "That's not my fault. Your here with another girl anyways so you should probably get going" she said with a fake condescending smile. As she turned around walking to the school Steve grabbed her wrist twisting her back around.

She turned back almost bumping into him. "Let go of me. Go have sex with your new girl, I don't care" she said before turning back around to walk toward the school. The hellfire clubs "meeting" had just gotten out and Dustin watched his sister talking to Steve as he waited for her outside of the school.

"Who, Brenda? I don't even like her like that" he said causing Izzy to turn and face him. "Then why are you here with her?" She said as they walked toward each other. "I don't even like blondes, you know that Izzy" he said as they stopped walking as they were almost touching. "Goodnight, Steve" she whispered as their lips almost touched before she turned around and headed toward her younger brother and the young girl, Erica Sinclair, waiting for her to take them both home.

Steve watched her walk toward the school not even noticing the audience that had been watching them. He shot his arm up in an attempt at a wave but only earned a small wave back from Dustin before the boy ran over to his sister.