Muppet

I heard two people rush into the bathroom then both vomited. I knew who it was. I wanted to talk and let them know I was there but something told me not to. I sat in silence before I heard Robin start to talk. "The ceiling stopped spinning for me. Is it still spinning for you?" She asked Steve. "Holy shit, yeah" he said back shocked.

I listened closely because nothing else was gonna keep me entertained. "You think we puked it all up?" He asked her. "Maybe, ask me a question, interrogate me" she told him in a Russian accent. It was still scary to me. He waited a second before asking, "when was the last time you peed your pants?" He asked."Today, when the Russian doctor took out the bonesaw". I held back my small amount of laughter while him and Robin laughed freely. "It was just a little bit" she said.

"Alright my turn" Robin said. I could see her sit up on the floor of the stall. Steve mumbled something back and Robin asked her question, "have you ever been in love?". He wasted no time answering. "Yep, Nancy Wheeler, second semester, senior year" he did an imitation of a gun. I didn't expect that of all answers. I didn't expect him to say me I just didn't think it would be Nancy. "Oh my god, she's such a priss" Robin said.

I knew that wasn't true and so did Steve. "Yep, turns out not really" he said. "Are you still in love with Nancy?" She asked him the question we all wanted to know.

"No" he said with no hesitation. "Why not?" She asked him quickly. "I found someone who's a little bit better for me. It's crazy. Ever since Dustin got home, he's been telling me, you gotta find your Suzie. His girlfriend, I guess. But that's not the point. The point is, this girl that I like. It's somebody that I didn't even talk to in school. I don't even know why, maybe because Tommy H would have made fun of me or because I wouldn't be prom king. I mean Dustin's right, it's all just a bunch of bullshit anyways. When I think about it I should have been hanging out with this girl the whole time" he said. Silence filled the air. I wanted to say something but I still didn't.

"I mean first of all she's so funny, I mean I have laughed harder this summer than I have ever laughed. She's smart, way smarter than me. You know she can crack like, top secret Russian codes. She's unlike anyone I've ever met." We all sat in silence. I knew who he was talking about. Robin. He liked Robin. Why Robin. She doesn't even like him. She doesn't even like anyone. I felt a year roll down my face. Then more and more. I tried to be quiet.

"Robin, did you OD in there?" He asked her. "I'm good" she said back. I saw him go under the stall. "This floors disgusting" she said. He started to talk about the blood and vomit on his stupid sailors uniform and I stopped listening to the conversation.

Why Robin? She doesn't like him. Why not me? I like him. She doesn't care about him. Not like I do. Why? Honestly, why? My thoughts were cut short by singing. Terrible singing. Like a muppet. I was focused on so many things and caught off guard. I threw up. I do it a lot. They heard it. I saw Steve's head pop out from the stall. "Izzy?" He said looking at me.

"Yeah?" I said in a higher voice than normal. I stood up and walked over with the limp I've had for hours. I sat down and they both look at me. "So you know?" Robin said. "What do you have a crush on me or something?" I said giggling. She looks at me seriously. Oh shit. "You had a crush on me?" I ask her. She just nods. I stay there shocked before Steve says something. "She had a crush on Tammy Tompson too" he said before singing almost like a muppet.

I start laughing and lay down. I sit my head on Robins lap and start laughing even harder. We all keep laughing before Dustin bust through the door. "What the fuck!" He screams at us. We all look at each other and started to laugh harder than before.

We all walked out of the theater and into the actual mall in a crowd of people. We all started to try and figure out where we are going to go. "I don't think it's a good idea that we go to your house" he said looking at me. "Why?" Dustin said causing Steve to turn to face him. "I might have told them your address" Steve said before Dustin started to freak about how to "be a man". I stopped listening when Erica pulled on my sleeve causing me to look down to her.

I looked to her and she stopped walking and pointed to in front of us. Russians. Three Russian men stood in front of the crowd and took peoples IDs before they walked out of the mall. I stopped the rest of the group as they all saw what was happening.

Before I knew it we were all running toward the escalators. Shit. They weren't running. A chain was blocking the enterance anyway so we couldn't have gotten on if we wanted to. I pushed Erica down the metal slide like area between the two escalators.

We all ran off the escalator after we all slide down and ran behind the counter at scoops ahoy. We all sat behind it as we waited as silent as possible just waiting to be found.

We all heard silence before hearing heavy foot steps along with what sounded like heels slowly following them around. That stupid woman. She stabbed me, tortured me, left me alone with a sexual abuser, and had me sexually assaulted. What a cunt. She can't just let me go. I want that bitch dead.

And just like that what sounded like the most heavy thing I had ever heard slammed against the mall floor over and over until it hit a complete stop. Right after hitting the Chinese restaurant not to far from scoops.