Summer of 1986

Finally fucking summer. School was out. Couples were fucking. Friends were hanging out. And I was stuck working at the god damn auntie Anne's pretzels. What the fuck.

The mall had opened and my mom wanted me to get a job there because it paid enough for me to be ready for college which was "just around the corner" according to her. Me and my best friend Robin both had plans to love to New York and go to Columbia. Robin also worked at the mall but at the Ice cream shop called scoops ahoy. She worked with Steve who I agreed to just stay friends with.

After me and Steves situation last year it was awkward between us but I think we had gotten over it. We both agreed to stay friends which I wasn't that happy about but I wanted him to be happy and I was fine with the decision. Besides there was this really cute boy I would see everyday when I went into work. His name was Mason and he would come to mall everyday. To see me I hoped. Whether we was alone or with his friends or his family he was always there when I was working.

Mason would either go see a movie or go shopping or just get food or ice cream or a pretzel. I worked all the time at the front and was almost never in the back cooking which I was fine with. I do work with this asshole named David who is so bossy. He's my boss but so what boo hoo. I mean it's not like he's president or something. David's a little bit older than me. Maybe 20. It's not like he's 72 and on his death bed. If he was I'd pull the plug. He's so fucking insufferable.

I work with a uniform but it isn't that bad, not as bad as Robins. They look like little sailors. I have to wear a black skirt with a white long sleeve and a red vest with a stupid little pretzel with a face on it. It's honestly scary. But it's better than scoops ahoy.

Dustin had gone to a science camp called camp know-nothing or something. I don't really know. All I know is that he comes back tomorrow and the kids have an amazing suprise welcome for him. All I have to do is leave a key so it's super easy. He's gonna love it.

Im excited for him to come back home. I miss him. And so does mom. She's honestly been really sad without him there. She cuddles Tews all the time though. I think he's keeping her sane. Me and her watch movies all the time when I get home from work. Im Starting to feel like I have a family. A mom. Im happy. I love them. They're my family.

                                  ✎

This is the author and I am soooooo excited to start writing for season 3 because it's one of my favorite seasons.

Mix tape
I - Dead to me - Kali Ushis
II - Space song - Beach House
III - American Pie - Don McLean
IV- Material girl - Madonna
V - Put me in a movie - Lana Del Rey
VI- Pretty when you cry - Lana Del Rey
VII - 20 something - SZA
VIII - right where you left me - Taylor Swift
IX- Forth of July - Sufjan Stevens
X - The night we met - Lord Huron