Darling, So It Goes(Some things Are Meant to Be)

It's been a few days since I took that test in the bathroom. Matt knew something was up, but he gave up on asking me if I was okay because he knew I wouldn't answer him.

The guys were in the studio, starting to work on their next album. I took it as my opportunity to finally go to the doctor to actually see if I was pregnant or not.

I pulled into the parking lot of the doctors office and parked, turning the car off. I ran my hands down my face. I was scared. I took a deep breath in and let it out.

I opened the door and got out, shutting it. As I walked to the door of the building, all I was thinking was what I was going to tell Matt if I was and if I should tell Matt if I wasn't.

I didn't want to fucking keep things from him. It wasn't fair to him, this was part of his life now too. I sighed and walked in, going to the receptionist. She gave me some paperwork and told me to sit down in the waiting room.

I filled out the paperwork and eventually a nurse called my name. I sat there, waiting. They made me take another test and they were about to an ultrasound.

The test came back positive so they did an ultrasound. I cried. Tears of happiness? Sadness? I don't know, I couldn't tell. After they were done they gave me the ultrasound pictures and my test results.

When I got into the car, I balled. I guess I was happy. I was just worried about Matt's take on this whole situation. I decided I'd surprise him.

I went to the store for a few things. As I was in the store, I got a gift bag, tissue paper, a small little toy plastic guitar that was a dollar and some other stuff.

I paid and went back home. I put my bags on the kitchen table and went to find the pregnancy test I took a few days ago. I found it and then starting to put everything together.

I put the pregnancy test, the results from the hospital and the ultrasound sound pictures at the bottom of the bag and then got tissue paper. I then put the little plastic guitar I bought in the bag, followed by more tissue paper.

I also bought a bag of baby carrots and put it in the bag because I thought it was fucking hilarious. Then, I put a card on top of the tissue paper. You couldn't tell what was in the bag anymore. I smiled.

I hope everything will be okay. The card was blank. The only thing I wrote in it was I love you. I sat it on the kitchen counter where Matt would see it when he got home.

Eventually, later in the day I heard the front door open and I smiled. I got up from the couch and Matt was walking though the door. I walked over and hugged him.

"I have a surprise for you." I said to him as he kissed my cheek. "You do?" He smiled. I nodded and grabbed his hand, dragging him into the kitchen and to the part of the counter where the bag that basically held out future sat.

"What is it?" He questioned. I looked at him. "If I told you, that defeats the purpose." I said. He smiled and slid the bag closer to himself.

He took the card, opened it, and read it. "I love you too." He stated. I nodded and smiled. When he started moving the tissue paper that's when I got nervous. I bit down on the inside of my cheek and furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him open it.

I was nervous as hell now. He took the baby carrots out. "...Delilah, why did you gift me carrots?" He asked confused. "Matt, that's not the only thing in there." I told him.

He laughed a little and took more tissue paper out. He took out the plastic toy guitar. "Now I'm confused." He admitted. I shook my head and told him to keep going and he did.

He pulled out the ultrasound pictures, the pregnancy test and my test results from the doctors all at once.

He first picked up the test results and then looked at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling. He then picked up the ultrasound pictures and the pregnancy test. He looked at me.

He looked like he was about to cry. "Really?" He questioned. I nodded. I then watched as Matt put down the test and pictures. Smiling at me and then pulling me into a hug.

"I take it you're happy about this?" I questioned him. He nodded. "Why wouldn't I be?" He asked. I shrugged. "I don't know, I was scared that you wouldn't be...scared that things would go wrong with us because of this." I admitted.

He shook his head and brought me in for another hug. "I think Elvis said it best, Darling so it goes, some things were meant to be." He stated. "Your quoting Elvis now?" I questioned.

He stepped away from the hug and put his hands up defensively. "Hey, Can't Help Falling In Love is a good song, alright. And it makes sense." He defended. I laughed. He's not wrong about that.

"So...we're gonna be fucking parents." He stated. I nodded. "Yeah, we are." I told him. "When did this happen?" He questioned as we walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

"The day you asked me to move in with you." I told him. He smiled. "I'm glad you're my wife and that I'm marrying you. And I know for a fact that your gunna be a great mom to our kid or kids." He said to me as he wrapped an arm around my waist, putting his other hand on my stomach.

I wasn't showing yet and I hoped I'd still fit in my wedding dress when I did start to. I couldn't worry about that though. Matt and are gunna be parents.

Matt was right. Elvis said it best.

Darling so it goes.
Some things are meant to be