Chapter 4 (Time Skips and Recovery)

Tine Skip: 1 month later

"How is he?" Pein asked

"He still in the same position. He is to afraid to be close to anyone now" Sasori said watching Naruto through his bedroom window.

"We should give him some time to get used to us. His spirit was really broken. I don't blame him for not trusting anyone now" Kisame said. The Akatsuki member's sighed and decided to leave him to rest. Konoan watch the blonde haired boy feeling bad for him. "Get better Naruto" 

Time Skip: 4 months later

Naruto health had improved very fast much to the shock of the group. His wounds were healing fast even without the Kyubi's chakra no longer being in him, having the monsters chakra increased his reserves and his chakra too. He could make sounds but it still hard for him to form full words.

He has gotten used to the Akatsuki members but is still cautious around them. He has met all the the team members and was being well taking care of. He was extremely close to Konan and Pein along with Kisame. He moved around in a wheel chair till last week but now he was walking with a cane. He barely ate but Konan was able to get him to eat at least three spoons and some water. Also the stab wound in his genitals healed and it was the part of his body were the scar wasn't noticeable.

Time Skip: 2 month  and Two weeks Later

"He's really improving. It's amazing" Naruto's personal nurse informed the group as Naruto was trying to read some words from a book in his room. 

"He is starting to get a bit more comfortable with you all and the people of Ame. He pushed himself hard at rehabilitation so now he can stand without the cane and move three steps before needing his cane" The nurse informed as the group smile. It was indeed a happy news to see him improving. Naruto had become like a son and brother for them.

With Naruto

It was hard but I have to try. I was having difficulty reading the words out due to having being mute for some time because of damage to my sound box, which had fully heal. I was getting an understanding of what I was reading but was frustrated at not being able to say it out.

I  wanted to cry so bad at being so weak. I wanted to get better, I hated being like this. I should have just died. 

Time Skip: 1 month Later

Naruto was recovering faster than anyone thought possible. He no longer worked with a cane but worked with a limp. His legs and arms were healing rapidly. In fact the bones that were broken had also gotten stronger than before. Naruto could now form words but could say a full sentence. He struggled a bit to say longer words and even saying his name was a struggle for him for some time.

He was getting used to his surroundings and the people. He ate a bit more than just two spoons. He walks better now and his limping reduced.

Time Skip: A month Later

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you" The crowd sang to Naruto who stood there surprised. He hadn't even realized that it was his birthday but they did.

"Th Th Thank you" He whispered

"Thank you so much" Naruto said bowing and almost falling but was caught by Hidan "take it easy there kid" He helped Naruto find his balance. Naruto smiled for the first time in years as people wished him happy birthday and gave him gifts. He was afraid of being betrayed again but he can enjoy this moment. His first birthday celebration.

"Naruto" 

Seeing who it was Naruto jumped back in fear. "Hatake. What are you doing here?" Pein asked stepping in front of his nephew protectively. Kakashi seeing how everyone got defensive immediately got on his knees an bowed "am sorry Naruto. I have wronged  you." Kakashi said to his former student not caring that he might lose his life for being here.

He needed to make things write and rewrite his wrongs. He had wrong an innocent boy all because he believed in his sensei so much.  "I should have been there for you. I should have protected you. I should have saved you all those time, giving you a family. Am sorry. I know I can't ask you to forgive it will be selfish of me. But please am willing to work hard for your forgiveness"

"Please" The ninja begged.

"What changed?" Kisame asked.

"A lot. You were right Kisame. My sensei and his wife were wrong. They have gone greedy for fame and power. They want to be known as the parent of the saviors of the world and it has gone to their head that they are not seeing that they have lost their way. Menma and Naruko haven't gotten even more arrogant and Sasuke I joined in boosting his ego and raising a monster." Kakashi said.

Naruto didn't say anything, just looked " alright. We don't trust you around Naruto but we'll see if your really serious about realizing your wrong doings"

"This is from the hokage and Danzo. It's for Naruto for his birthday" Kakashi said handing Pein a scroll. Pein nodded and took it giving it to Naruto who got excited at the mention of his jiji's.

A/N: How do you like the chapter? Please vote and comment.

Your thoughts on Kakashi?

Also thank you to every one who has voted and commented on my story so far. Am really grateful and I hope I can continue to make stories that you will love.