• 13 - forsee the future

———

| FORSEE THE FUTURE |

— "And they're covered
in blood. . ."

———

THE EUPHORIA OF WINNING THE QUIDDITCH CUP, must've lasted at least a week, even the weather seemed to be celebrating as June approached, the days became cloudless and sultry, everyone felt like strolling down to the grass, with iced pumpkin juice and a game of Gobstone — Alora felt especially elated, as she got to use the things she'd gotten for her fourteenth birthday on May the fourteenth.

But — they couldn't, because the exams were coming up, and it sent all students into a panicked spiral. Even Fred and George were seen working, studying for their O.W.Ls. Percy was getting ready for his N.E.W.Ts, as he hoped to enter the Ministry of Magic.

The only person who seemed more anxious than Percy was Hermione.

Harry and Ron had given up asking her how she managed to get to all her classes at once, Alora and Hermione would talk about it in their dorms at night, when Alora suggested the girl should tell Ron and Harry, she shook it off and went to sleep.

The two boys couldn't restrain themselves, when they saw her ridiculous looking timetable.

MONDAY
9 o'clock, Arithmancy
9 o'clock, Transfiguration
Lunch
1 o'clock, Charms
1 o'clock, Ancient Runes

"Hermione?" Ron said cautiously, because she was liable to explode when interrupted these days, "Er — are you sure you've copied down these times right?"

"What?" snapped Hermione, picking up the exam timetable and examining it closely, "Yes, of course I have."

"Is there any point in asking how you're going to sit two exams at once?" said Harry, looking over at Alora to see if she had an input, but she didn't say anything.

"No. ." Hermione said shortly, "Has either of you seen my copy of Numerology and Grammatica?"

"Oh, yeah, I borrowed it for a bit of bedtime reading." said Ron, but very quietly — Hermione started shifting heaps of parchment around the table, looking for the book. Then there was a rustle at the window, Hedwig fluttered through it, a note attached to her beak.

"It's from Hagrid." said Harry, ripping the note open, "Buckbeak's appeal — it's set for the sixth."

"That's the day we finish our exams," said Hermione, still looking everywhere for her Arithmancy book.

They had potions that afternoon, which was a disaster for most — but in Alora's opinion she did pretty well, Alora managed to get her Confusing Concoction to thicken. Unlike, Harry — who struggled for the hour, when Alora finished her potion she saw Snape scribble things into paper, give her a cold glare and walk off.

Then came Astronomy at Midnight, which Alora was the most excited about — History of Magic on Wednesday morning, Harry must've been at most halfway through the exam when he turned back and saw Alora had already finished — so he decided to scribble everything he knew about medieval witch hunts.

Wednesday afternoon, meant Herbology — which Alora was convinced she had completely fucked up.

Their second last exam was on Thursday morning, and it was Defence Against the Dark arts, which Alora was feeling confident about — they had to wade across a deep paddling pool containing a Grindylow, cross a series of potholes full of Red Caps, squish their way across a patch of marsh, ignoring the misleading directions from a Hinkypunk, then climb into an old trunk and battle with a new Boggart.