༺ 47 - yet another decree.

❀✿❀✿

| YET ANOTHER DECREE |
"Hey guess what, I didn't ask."

❀✿❀✿

ALL SEEMED TO BE WELL UNTIL UMBRIDGE'S EGO got the best of her ( as if it wasn't bigger than the school itself already ), she'd placed up certain rules set by 'the high inquisitor of Hogwarts'. Which was worth scoffing that, can you imagine naming yourself something so powerful? Embarrassing.

The Zacharias situation had spread rather quickly, in the friendship group at least. Odette had finally broken up with him, and the look on Everette's face when he found out was forever engraved in Alora's mind.

It didn't take him too long however to find a new group to hang out with --- as he was usually a follower, and was practically friends with most people in Hufflepuff. He could be seen roaming the halls with Alexander Smith --- old friend's of Cedric's, he apparently said they 'didn't make such a huge deal out of it'. Which basically sent Alora over the edge.

That was her brother, and it was meant to be his too. At least, that's was Cedric thought, but I guess he for once had poor judgement.

"So, are you finally going to tell her?" Alora said in the library one evening, flicking through random pages of a book, as Madam Pince stated that if she wasn't doing something useful she'd have to leave.

"Tell who?" Everette poked his head up from the studying he seemed to be doing.

"Oh, don't be daft. . ." Alora lowered her voice into a sort of whisper, "Odette, are you going to tell her you like her because she broke up with Zacharias?"

"What? No, why would I do that?" he furrowed his brows.

"Because It's the only thing you've been talking about since last year." Alora spoke in a 'duh' sort of tone.

"Wha--no--I--it's not," Everette began to stumble on his words, which gave Alora the proof she needed, she could recall multiple times she'd caught him sending Zacharias a dirty glare, or the face of triumph when they broke up.

"Well, if you insist it's not the only thing you've been talking about, it's certainly what you've been thinking about," Alora placed the book down to look at him. "I've seen the looks you gave him, you told me yourself he wasn't good for her --- so are you going to sit here, and watch another boy do the same, or are you finally going to tell her how you feel?"

Everette sat in silence for a while.

"What's it going to be?" Alora picked up another book when Madam Pince came over, "come running to me when Odette has another boyfriend, or run to me when that boyfriend is you?"

"I'm just nervous, too nervous, Alora, what if she doesn't like me back?" Everette had seemed to give up on the studying he was 'so busy' with.

"She does, trust me. And, if you're nervous about that --- just spend more time with her, she already likes you, this will make her like you even more." Alora smiled, "and, you have to believe me now. . .last time I gave relationship advice I didn't have a clue, but now I do."

"Did you and Harry spend time---"

"Yes, you idiot," Alora hit him lightly on the head, shushing him. "Please don't be thick."

"Ok, sorry, I'm just a little nervous, s'all," Everette nodded, rubbing his head.

Alora figured it would be best if someone helped get the two together --- Everette was never going to pluck the courage on his own, and Odette was wallowing in her own sadness that she probably wouldn't have tried either, but with a little help, Alora was sure she could do the job.