༺ 36 - the end of the beginning.

❀✿❀✿

| THE END OF THE BEGINNING |
"You don't have to promise anything,
Lora."

Comment and Vote for the last chapter of
fourth year :) Love you <3

❀✿❀✿

THE IDEA OF DEATH HAD NEVER COME OVER ALORA'S MIND, she'd never had to face the horrific period in your life when someone you thought would be with your forever, leaves a little too early. But, here she was, fifteen, mourning over someone she believed she would have a future with.

She woke up.

Her eyes adjusted to the lights that filled the hospital-wing, she was laying in the beds that she would usually be joyed to be in. Her eyes felt heavy despite been asleep, dreaming of a life with Cedric. Waking up felt like a chore, as now she knew her dream would not fully come true.

She heard the door open -- Mrs Weasley who was sat beside Alora's bed, not attempting to console her, like earlier. There was no way of causing her bright grin for a long while. Many weren't sure if they'd ever see it again.

"Harry! Oh, Harry!" she stood up, and ran to the door. Alora didn't try and get up.

"Molly," Dumbledore said, holding up a hand, "please listen to me for a moment. Harry has been through a terrible ordeal tonight. He has just had to relive it for me. What he needs now is sleep, and peace, and quiet. Just like you've been giving poor Alora, we would like you to stay with him," he added, looking around Ron, Hermione and Bill, too. "But I do not want you questioning him until he is ready to answer, and certainly not this evening."

Mrs Weasley nodded. She was very white.

Alora mustered up great strength in her to sit up, she looked over at the gathering by the door, she desperately wanted to see Harry, yet did not have such energy to do so. She looked over, and spotted a great black dog, her heart fell to her chest. Her dad was here, he was really here.

"Headmaster," asked Madam Pomfrey, staring at Sirius in his animagus form. "May I ask what--?"

"This dog will be remaining with Harry for a while," said Dumbledore simply. "I assure you, he is extremely well trained, he helps with hard cases like this -- using him to help regain a smile on Alora's face would be nice, too. Harry -- I will wait until you get into bed."

'Regain a smile on Alora's face'. Alora thought from her bed -- everytime she had valued Dumbledore for his patience had seemed to fade away in use of one sentence. A smile? Did they think she was some kind of yo-yo, able to bounce back in the click of an instant? -- she had just lost her brother. A smile wasn't even forming in the presence of her mind.

Harry walked over. When Alora felt his footsteps come closer she rolled over and closed her eyes as if she was asleep -- truthfully, the only person she wanted to talk to was Harry, but in that moment she didn't want to talk to anyone. Only Cedric.

Harry caught a glimpse of Alora, and immediately felt like his priorities didn't matter, "Is she okay?" he asked sorrowfully. Harry wanted desperately to comfort Alora, until she didn't feel so lonely anymore.

"No, Harry," Molly said, tears stung her eyes. "She really loved him, but Poppy gave her some dreamless sleeping potion -- she'll be alright for the time being."

Harry nodded, and looked down at Sirius who began to cry, which came out like long whines as he was still shown as a dog. He placed himself into bed and drank some of the potion that was given to Alora, soon drifting off into a dreamless sleep that wasn't tormented by Death Eaters, Graveyards, or images of his best-friend helplessly sobbing.