• 16 - time travel

———

| TIME TRAVEL |

"What we need. . . Is
more time."

( comment pls! for motivation
purposes, you don't have to <3 )
———

"SHOCKING BUISNESS. . . shocking. . . miracle none of them died. . . never heard the like. . . by thunder, it was lucky you were there, Snape."

"Thank you, Minister." Snape said.

"Order of Merlin, Second Class, I'd say. First Class, if I can wangle it!"

"Thank you very much indeed, Minister."

"Nasty cut you've got there. . . Black's work I suppose?"

"As a matter of fact, it was his daughter, Potter, Weasley and Granger, Minister. . ."

"No!"

"Black had bewitched them, I saw it immediately. A Confundus Charm, to judge by their behaviour. They seemed to think there was a possibility he was innocent. They weren't responsible for their actions. On the other hand, their interference might have permitted Black to escape. . . they obviously thought they were going to catch Black single-handed. They've got away with a great deal before now. . . I'm afraid it's given them a rather high opinion of themselves. . . and of course, Potter has always been allowed an extraordinary amount of licence by the Headmaster—"

"Ah, well, Snape. . . Harry Potter, you know. . . we've all got a bit of a blind spot where he's concerned." Fudge responded,

"And yet—is it good for him to be given so much special treatment? Personally I try to treat him like any other student. And any other student would be suspended — at Consider, Minister: against all school rules — after all the precautions out in place for his and Black's protection—out of bounds, at night, consorting with a werewolf and a murderer, and I have reason to believe he and Black has been visiting Hogsmeade illegally, too—"

"Well, well. . . we shall see, Snape, we shall see. . . the boy has undoubtedly been foolish."

Alora lay in the bed, her eyes were shut tight, but she could hear the conversation, it was a little muffled but she could make out who it was, and what they were saying—her head hurt a bit, perhaps from the fall she endured, when she fell to the ground after the Dementors earlier. . . she now lay in this comfortable bed, and never wanted to leave.

"What amazes me the most is the behaviour of the Dementors. . . you've really no idea what made them retreat, Snape?" Fudge asked.

"No, Minister. By the time I had come round they were heading back to their positions at the entrances. . . extraordinary. And yet, Black, Alora, Harry and the girl—all unconscious by the time I reached them. I bound and gagged Black, naturally, conjured stretchers and brought them back to the castle."

There was a pause. Alora's brain seemed to be working a little faster and as it did, a pit in her stomach grew deeper and deeper,

She opened her eyes.

Everything was a little blurry, her head was throbbing, she felt like she'd taken a long nap after school and had woken up in the middle of the night, she was laying in the hospital wing, she sighed, staring at the dark ceiling.