༺ 42 - alora versus the toad.

❀✿❀✿

| ALORA VERSUS THE TOAD |
"Cedric was killed. And you know it."

❀✿❀✿

THE LOOKS OF PITY THAT WERE LINGERED AT ALORA made her want to lock herself in her dorm and never return again. Third year was the same, when everyone believed that Sirius had broken out of Azkaban and was coming after her, now her 'brother' was murdered, and they were blaming her best friend for lying about it.

Alora missed breakfast, she slept in too late and was too tired to be quick getting ready, so half-way she gave up and admitted to herself she'd just wait until lunch.

Her first period was with Snape, great, she thought. Just what I need, a morning with someone who makes school feel like a prison. She grabbed her bag and left the dormitory, walked through an empty common room and headed to the dungeons, where she was stopped by Seamus Finnigan.

"Hi, Alora, can I talk to you for a moment?" he cleared his throat.

"Er, yeah, sure." Alora nodded in response, "what's up?"

"Why're you still hanging out with him, after what he's done?"

Alora furrowed her brows, who was 'him'? The last time she remembered no one had done anything to her, unless he was talking about Draco Malfoy, and Alora definitely could not recall being friends with him, unless he was referring to her worst nightmares.

"Who, sorry?" she shook her head.

Seamus stopped, looking at the girl infront of him like she had gone round the bend, or if she was being funny with him. "Don't pretend like you don't know what Harry did, Alora."

"For Merlin's sake, Seamus. Is this about the stupid Daily Prophet?" Alora rolled her eyes, her tone was present in a tone of pique.

"Of course it is!" Seamus threw his hands up in defence, "how come everyone I've talked to about this believes that lying--" he was about to speak, but stopped with the glare Alora was sending him. "He and Dumbledore have been lying, Cedric meant something to you! Why would you believe their lies?!"

"Don't talk about Cedric," Alora silenced him, "who told you this, other than the lying shithole the Daily Prophet?"

"My mother,"

Of course she did. Alora rolled her eyes, of course he would believe everything that lying bastard says, why wouldn't he? Alora had to restrain herself from saying something that would make her as equally of a bad person as Seamus was being towards her right now.

"Seamus, have you ever cracked your knuckles in-front of your mother?" Alora asked, with her arms firmly placed over her chest.

"What's that got to do with any--?"

"Just answer the question."

Seamus took in a deep breath, and nodded his head. "Yes,"

"Did she ever mention you getting arthritis if you carried on?"

"Yes. . ."

"And you know that's a lie, right?" Alora sincerely hoped he did, didn't want him at the age of almost sixteen to still be clutching onto every word that his mother told him.