༺ 53 - bittersweet goodbyes.

❀✿❀✿

| BITTERSWEET GOODBYES |
"If everyone finds out about this, they're going to hate me."

Please comment as much as you can! Enjoy!

❀✿❀✿

CHRISTMAS HAD STARTED TO WIND DOWN, and that once light-hearted persona Sirius was embodying, was slowly winding back down into the the shaggy self that Alora knew best. Aria was doing her best to keep his spirits up, she would spend her time talking to him whenever she got the chance to.

"Wait, so, you knew my Mum in school?" Aria said one morning. "She never tells me anything,"

"I certainly did," Sirius casted a look over at Aurora, who was minding her business with Dorian not too far away from the pair. "She's Estelle's sister obviously, she was around us a lot of the time,"

"She told me you didn't like her in school," Aria raised an eyebrow, "she's literally the funniest person I know, other than Lori, how could you not like her?"

Alora made her way into the kitchen to place away the glass of water she'd taken up to her room, she took a glimpse at the two talking again with two different expressions --- Sirius looked almost scared once Aria mentioned 'not liking her mother in school'. He turned his head to the counter where Alora was standing and gave a plea for help, coded with trepidation locked between the grey in his eyes.

"I second that," Alora grinned over at Aria, "she did tell us that you didn't like her."

"To be fair on my behalf," Sirius turned back around to Aria once Alora took a seat beside him, "I was two years younger than her, and I was a foolish teenager who did some things I most likely shouldn't've, and Aurora was older and more mature so she did tend to tell James and I to lay off the pranks sometimes, and my teenage self couldn't handle that."

Alora and Aria laughed at this, the mental image of Sirius not liking Aurora because she was trying to save him from getting in trouble made a smile form at Alora's lips.

"You didn't like her because she tried to help you?" Aria snorted.

Sirius nodded painfully, "I have apologised many times,"

The abiding fondness that came to Alora when she remembered that her mother and father had a life, filled with all sorts; whether it was joy, sadness, heartbreak or frustration before her. They exchanged talks, hugs, fights, they had a friend group that they adored and a group of people they took a dislike in. The stories she heard of her mother just made Estelle feel more alive with every narrative that was spoken.

"Has Aria told you practically everything about her yet?" Alora asked Sirius once Aria was called out of the room by Aurora, "if not, expect the life story soon."

"I think I know more about her then her own parents do by now," Sirius laughed, standing from his chair. "She told me that she didn't do well in Astronomy and lied to her parents about it, sounds a little like you with Herbology."

"How did you know I hate Herbology?" Alora placed her hands over her face, "did Aria tell you?"

"She might've mentioned it,"

"Just know, Dad, I do hate Herbology. . .but. . .I'm not exactly doing badly in it."

❀✿❀✿