• 8 - stars and constellations

———

| STARS AND CONSTELLATIONS |

— "you like what you see,
potter?" —

———

MADAM POMFREY INSISTED ON KEEPING HARRY IN THE HOSPITAL WING, for the rest of the weekend — he didn't argue or complain, but he also didn't let her throw away the remains of his Nimbus Two Thousand. It was like he'd lost one of his best friends, Alora said that she'd sit let him have her Nimbus Two Thousand and One, he appreciated the thought but couldn't because Alora loved that broom like it was her child.

He had a stream of Visitors — Hagrid had sent him a bunch of flowers, Ginny sent him a 'get well' card, the Gryffindor Team also visited on Sunday morning.

But no one stayed longer than Alora.

Infact on Saturday, Madam Pomfrey had insisted that Alora get her head checked out, but it was nothing but bruising — when she was allowed to leave, she asked Madam Pomfrey to stay — it took a bit of arguing to get her way.

"Miss Black! I'm very sorry, but I'd appreciate if you let Mr Potter go to sleep, he needs his rest!" Madam Pomfrey said, trying to shoo the girl away,

Alora thought of a quick excuse, from the top of her head, "Here's the thing Poppy! I can't sleep on my own bed, my head hurts too much, I need one of your nice pillows."

Madam Pomfrey's eyes narrowed at Alora's cheekily convincing grin.

The thirteen year olds hands went to her head, she made a wincing noise when her hand made into contact with her injury, "I think i've cracked my skull, Poppy."

"If you insist, Miss Black — get yourself comfortable on one of the beds, i'll bring you some medicine!" and she was off,

When Madam Pomfrey was out of sight, Alora took her hand off her head and laughed to herself — looking at Harry; He looked at her like she was the only thing in the world right now,

"You didn't have to do that."

"I did." Alora said, "Besides, who said I was doing it for you — Poppy's got the nicest pillows, like I could pass out on it right now."

Harry laughed, he looked over at Alora who was braiding her dark brown hair, she was humming a song that Harry didn't recognise but he liked anyways,

"You like what you see, Potter?" she said, not even looking at him — but out of the corner of her eye, Alora noticed he'd been staring at her.

"Oh — uh — no- I mean yes! I wasn't-"

"I know." she said, Harry went furiously red and had to hide under his duvet for a second, cursing at himself, "Do you want me to teach you how to braid?"

"Really?" he said, "Yeah."

"You're going to be the one braiding my hair one day," she climbed out of her bed, into his and taught him slowly how to braid, "Yeah, spit my hair into three parts — ow! —" Harry replied with various sorries.