• 6 - aria's adore

———

| ARIA'S ADORE |

"you slapped someone
in the face?"

———

DAYS CAME AND WENT AND IT CAME CLOSER TO QUIDDITCH SEASON, in Alora's opinion the best time of year — call her biased but she was sure she was going to win this year, Gryffindor had the best team after all.

At the beginning of October, Alora became more weary that it was closer to Aria's birthday, and she didn't have a present for her yet — problem being, the first Hogsmeade trip was set to happen only two weeks afterwards.

Alora strode to the Hufflepuff common room, in hopes of finding her cousin there —

Shit — she'd come to the Hufflepuff common room, what did she expect to stride in happily — that's why she wasn't in Ravenclaw, because if she was she would've had the knowledge to ask for the password before, help, she just needed

"Help?" a low voice said.

"Sorry?"

"Do you need help getting into the Common Room?" the boy asked again, smiling at the Gryffindor.

"Yeah, i'm sorry — I didn't ask for a password," Alora said, "Look at my tie, not a Ravenclaw. Do I need a password?"

"No," he said, "I'll do it for you — It can take some time to get used to." he tapped the barrels lightly, and the portrait opened, "Here you go — so what's a Lioness like you doing in the Hufflepuff common room?"

Alora smiled, "I'm looking for my cousin — do you know her, Aria West?"

"Does she know Christopher Wilson by any chance?" the boy spoke, nodding and waving to a bunch of people in the room — some looked at Alora with confusion but didn't mind overall.

"Yes!" the Gryffindor burst, "I knew they had something going on — that cheeky little Badger—"

He laughed again, "She should be up in her dorm, I don't know which one that is, so you might have to try a few."

"Thank you," she almost pleaded,

"I didn't catch your name, I'm sorry?" the boy said again, Alora was almost half way up the stairs by the time — she was always insecure about telling people her name, she was afraid people may distance themselves away from her, they'd think she'd turn out like her father, but in reality she was just a kid — a thirteen year old girl who wanted to live like anyone else, but was unable to.

"Alora. ." she hesitated, "Alora Black."

"You're Alora Black?" he said, but the Hufflepuff didn't seem to care, "I'm Cedric, Diggory."

"I know you — you're the Hufflepuff seeker — we're gonna so kick your arse this year, you know-" she started on,

"Actually, we've improved this year — I'll make sure we win,"

"No you won't."

"Yes I will."

"Ok, bye, you big badger."

"See you later, little lioness."

And with that Alora headed up the stairs and to the Hufflepuff dorms, on her way of finding Aria's she accidentally walked into other peoples dorms, some were doing more strange things that others, some will be in Alora's memory forever, nonetheless she managed to find Aria eventually.