• 12 - the quidditch final

———

| THE QUIDDITCH FINAL |

— "Win the cup for us,
Seeker Boy." —

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
ARIA!! <3

———

"HE — HE SENT ME THIS," Hermione spoke, holding out the letter — her hands were trembling when she gave it over to Harry, Alora and Ron went to read it but it was hard to make the words out since it was so smudged in ink from teardrops, they could barley read it,

DEAR HERMIONE,

WE LOST. I'M ALLOWED TO BRING HIM BACK TO HOGWARTS. EXECUTION DATE TO BE FIXED.
BEAKY ENJOYED LONDON.
I WON'T FORGET ALL THE HELP YOU GAVE US,

HAGRID.

"They can't do this. . ." Harry said, "They can't. Buckbeak isn't dangerous."

"Neither is Malfoy — although he thinks he is, he thinks he can get away with anything because of his dad!" Alora rolled her eyes, "I'll do more damage to him than Buckbeak ever could."

"Malfoy's dad frightened the Committee into it," Hermione wiped the tears from her eyes, "You know what he's like. They're a bunch of old fools, and they were scared. There'll be an appeal, though, there always is. Only I can't see any hope. . . nothing will have changed,"

"Yeah, it will." said Ron fiercely, "You won't have to do all the work alone this time, Hermione. I'll help."

"Oh, Ron!"

In that moment, Hermione flung her arms around Ron's neck, and broke down completely — Ron, looking quite terrified, patted her very awkwardly on the top of her head,

"Finally." Alora exclaimed, her face rested in a small grin, she was happy her days wouldn't be spent as messenger, Harry looked at her and smiled too,

"Ron, I'm really, really sorry about Scabbers. . ." she sobbed.

"Oh — well — he was old," said Ron, throughly relived that Hermione had let go of him, "And he was a bit useless. You never know, Mum and Dad might get me an owl now."

———

THE SAFETY MEASURES IMPOSED ON THE STUDENTS SINCE BLACK'S second break-in made it impossible for Harry, Ron, Hermione and Alora to visit Hagrid in the evenings. Their only chance of ever talking to him was during Care of Magic Creatures lessons.

He seemed numb. Shocked with the verdict.

"'S all my fault. Got all tongue-tied. They was all sittin' there in black robes an' I kep' droppin' me notes and forgettin' all them dates yeh looked up fer me, Hermione. An' then Lucius Malfoy stood up an' said his bit, an the Committee jus' did exac'ly what he told 'em. . ."

"There's still the appeal!" spoke Ron, "Don't give up yet, we're working on it!"

They were walking back up to the castle with the rest of the class, ahead they could see Malfoy who was with Crabbe and Goyle, kept looking back — laughing derisively.