• 7 - didn't go to plan

———

| DIDN'T GO TO PLAN |

— "What are they going to do?
hit me with an unforgivable
curse?" —

———

PROFESSOR DUMBLEDOOR SENT ALL Gryffindors back down to the Great Hall — when ten minutes later by students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

When Peeves had said the news of Sirius Black being in the castle, Alora immediately felt vulnerable around her piers — she felt as if they'd not want to be around her, since her father who was feared by so many could've been anywhere in castle,

Much to her surprise — no one seemed to send her the awful glares she was expecting, none scowled at her or made any rumours about her, like she'd imagined, they all sent her looks of pity somewhat, the whole of Gryffindor house tried to comfort her as best as they could. But how can you be comforted at a time like this?

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledoor told them.

"I'm afraid that — for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately." he was looking to Percy who was looking immensely proud and important.

"Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledoor paused, about to leave the Hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing. . ."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the Hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well." Said Professor Dumbledoor, closing the door behind him.

The Hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened — Alora brought her knees to her chest and wanted to disappear, she held her head down, in hopes that when she brought it up, no one would be sending her the awful glares she saw in her dreams.

But no one did.

"No one blames you, Alora." Dean said, sending her a warm smile — the rest of the Hall did to, it made the thirteen year olds lips upturn ever so slightly, and took the immense weight off her shoulders.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" Percy ordered, "Come on now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"C'mon." Ron said to Harry, Hermione and Alora; they seized four sleeping bags and dragged them into the corner.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously.

"Dumbledoor obviously thinks he might be." said Ron.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know," said Hermione, as they climbed into their sleeping bags, "The one night we weren't in the Tower.  ."

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run." Ron said, "Didn't realise it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here."