༺ 22 - the dark mark. ༻

❀✿❀

| THE DARK MARK |

"I didn't—I swear—I would never!"

( I hope you're not getting annoyed of me
saying this, but, remember to comment
for motivation!!! I love you <3 )

❀✿❀

IT WAS A NIGHT NONE HAD EXPERIENCED BEFORE. If Alora could do it all again she would, the way the stadium was lit with various colours, the crowd that cheered and roared to their hearts content. They were all there for the same reason, and could all be passionate about the same thing - gutted that it was over, Alora headed back with the flood of the crowd to her tent.

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr Weasley implored Fred and George.

"Don't worry, Dad." said Fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money, we don't want it confiscated."

Raucous singing could be heard from afar, the leprechauns were shooting over their heads, no one felt like sleeping - not with this noise, so Mr Weasley had agreed to let everyone enjoy a last cup of cocoa before bed. They were soon arguing enjoyably about the match, it was only when Ginny fell asleep at the tiny table and spilled the hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr Weasley insisted everyone went to bed.

Alora, Aria, Ginny and Hermione all headed into their tent, getting into their pyjamas and began to all gossip about the match.

"What was his name again?" Aria said, sitting on the floor of the tent as Alora re braided her hair. "Aidan Lynch I think it was, well, he was a good player but I was more focused on the fact he was good looking."

"I thought you were loyal," Alora said jokingly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know what it means."

"No, I don't actually—"

Hermione laughed and closed her book as she did so, "I think we should head to bed, Mr Weasley'll be wondering who's making this noise."

As they were all half-asleep, the girls nodded their heads and hopped into their beds, Alora did so very saltily as Aria climbed into the top-bunk. When they did, collectively, they stared at the ceiling and daydreamed about the evening,

Alora began thinking of herself winning the Cup sometime, lifting it into the air as hundreds of thousands of wizards cheered for her, the way she'd be able to have it in her hand and hold it into the air. But she never knew what it would be like, all she knew was that, Mr Weasley was shouting —

"Get up! All of you! Alora — Ginny — Hermione — Aria, quick! We have to leave!"

Alora sat up so quickly that her head hit the top bunk, she rubbed the part that stung.

"What time is it?" she yawned.

Though, her eyes were heavy and her head was hurting, Alora could sense something wasn't right. No one was singing anymore, only screaming.

She quickly climbed from the bunk, grabbing her leather jacket and tried to find her clothes that were all scattered across the floor.