༺ 29 - the first task.

❀✿❀✿

| THE FIRST TASK |

"Yeah, you can have a word.
Goodbye."

❀✿❀✿

AS THE TASK DREW NEARER, THE FEAR FELT MORE REAL, Alora woke up feeling a rush of fear run through her, after learning what the task was about, the idea of the Tournament didn't feel so exciting anymore. Both Cedric and Harry would have to fight dragons, and that worried Alora, Cedric didn't even know yet.

Alora was also still, although forgiven, a little annoyed at Harry and Hermione for keeping such a secret from her, at breakfast that morning she tried her best to not seem pissed off, but she was thinking of Sirius, so she silently ate her toast to attempt to clear her mind.

As Alora was late down to breakfast ( as usual ) she had suspected Harry told Hermione that she'd found out about Sirius, because she refrained from speaking about it whatsoever at breakfast, then was unusually relaxed about what Alora should do.

"Lora, we're heading out to the lake, to talk about-" Hermione stopped for a moment, "the task, you can come if you'd like, you don't have to. But we'll be in the library later."

"Mione, I'm not mad at you." Alora placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Really? Because- if you are I don't blame you."

"I'm not, I'm coming with you."

It looked like a large amount of weight had been lifted off Hermione's shoulders and her face fell into a smile, throughout the duration of their walk, which was three times around the lake, they all tried to come up with some counter spell that could subdue a dragon. None of them, however, had ever had to fight a dragon before, so they were left with almost nothing.

"Harry, can't you just say 'Accio egg'?" Alora jokingly remarked. Even though she was joking, Harry thought that this wasn't a bad idea.

"I bet they'd've already thought of that," said Hermione. "Dumbledore would have thought of everything and anything that will prevent cheating or it being too easy to get past."

Hermione had eventually retired to the library for an idea, they made it the days mission to at least find a couple of things that could help Harry pass the task as safely as possible, it wasn't reassuring however, that neither Alora or Hermione knew how safe that would be.

Hermione had been aggressively searching through a number of different complex spell books for the past hour, she was mumbling and nervously muttering to herself, beside her was Alora who was silently giggling at the names of some of the books when Harry picked out Men Who Love Dragons Too Much it was irritating Hermione so much, that after a while for Harry and Alora it began feeling like they were in class and were trying their best not to be caught laughing.

"How about we try some simpler spell books, Mione." Alora sighed and placed down How To Not Hyperfixate Over Dragons.

She gathered some more books and placed them down, she handed one to Harry and begam to flick through the pages of parchment, it was like she was staring down at a book about Herbology, Alora frankly knew nothing about dragons, beside her, Hermione was whispering something under her breath.