Chapter |6| Reed

My day was absolute shit.

Especially for the call I had in the morning with my father in which, as always, he got involved in my life and gave his unwanted opinion about football and how I should strive to get into the best league.

I stopped myself from cutting the call when I heard Andrew Jenkins' voice, sometimes, and when I say sometimes, I mean always, or at least with me, he's very irritating.

So, after saying yes to everything without even listening to him and telling him that I was going to inform Brooke that he sent her a check for 1 million dollars for her birthday, I ended the call.

The rest of the day I spent training with the team and in the gym. Also, both shitty training days.

Not even fucking Grace helped me relieve the stress.

As I walk into the bar, I try to take my enthusiasm, though I'm not in the mood to socialize with Brooke's friends.

I'm just doing this for her.

If it were for me, I would be in my bed with a beer and doing a Harry Potter marathon. That's my ideal plan.

I head towards the back we're Brooke told me they were going to be.

— "You seem like you really want to be here" Jax appears next to me coming out of the bathroom.

I pat him.

— "I love my sister, but I don't feel like being here tonight. It was a shitty day and not even fucking Grace helped me. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my dick."

— "There's something wrong with you, not just your cock. You're so fucked up in the head, just like me, and that's why we're best friends. Alex, on the other hand, is a pussy and he is blinded by love that makes me sick" Jax makes disgusted face.

— "You're talking about my sister. So, you better not start because I'll beat you up, just like you were going to if I talked about your sister" the brunette comes to mind.

— "Good that we understand each other."

We walk to the back where Brooke is with a couple of people, some of whom I recognize and some I don't.

— "Reed, you're finally here" Brooke greets as we approach.

I kiss her on the head and then pat Alex on the back.

— "I'm 5 minutes late, Brooke" I roll my eyes and then sit next to my other sister "Hey, Rae."

— "Reed!" My younger sister hugs me excitedly.

— "This is Xander. A friend from my class" Brooke introduces a boy with black eyes and hair who has 'I don't want to be here' vibes and I already hate him. "You obviously already know Noah and Logan."

I give a nod to my teammates, who for some strange reason always got along with my sister.

— "And you've known Ayla all your life," my sister concludes and at that moment a redhead sits on my side and gives me a disgusting kiss on the cheek.

Ayla, Brooke's best friend for as long as I can remember, and a pain in my ass because she's always trying to get my attention.

— "Hey, Reedie"

I want to vomit just listening to that nickname.

— "Ayla" I say dryly while putting distance between us.

Jax laughs softly as he shakes his head and rolls his eyes and Alex nudges him even though he's trying to stop himself from starting to laugh at the redhead's actions.