Chapter 34 |Reed|

I ignore my father's fifth call of the day and sight irritably as stepping inside Kennedy's residence.

I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing.

But I know my father's not going to stop calling me until I give him an answer of what I'll choose.

Two weeks. One to decide, the other one...depends on what I do.

I should be thrilled and without a doubt in my head.

But that's not what I feel.

My life made a 350 change since I met Kennedy. And I'm not even mad about that.

But I never could have imagined how important she would become to me. How much I would come to...love her.

And now I'm screwed and without a single clue of what to do, rare of me.

But more than scared of not being able to decide, I'm scared of my father choosing for me.

I should answer his calls, tell him to back off and that I'll talk to him after I take a decision. But I've been ignoring his calls, which is provoking him even more.

I don't give a fuck. I need time to think about my future.

I feel my phone chime against my jean pockets with another upcoming call.

I roll my eyes as I take it out, ready to decline again, but it's not my father's name flashing in the screen.

It relieves me to see Brooke's name, but when her voice greets me, that tension and irritability comes back when I hear her words.

— "Reed, what the hell is up with dad. He keeps calling me to tell to answer your phone or he's going to fly here".

Dramatic ass.

— "Pain in my fucking ass" I murmur to myself.

But my sister obviously hears me and jumps in to defend daddy dearest. "Don't talk about him like that. He's our father and he...cares about you, in his own fucked up way".

— "Sure, he does".

— "Prick" I can imagine her rolling her eyes. "Anyways I told him you're busy but calling him when available. And he didn't press on the matter".

Bless you, Brooke. My sister could ask anything for my father, and although he puts a lot of pressure on her, he never denies. Like my mother, my sisters also have my father wrapped around his pinkie.

Not me at all though.

— "Thanks, Brooke. I owe you one".

— "It's nothing. But are you alright? Is this about the NFL letters? Have you receiver yours yet?".

My sister hits the nail on the head that I don't want to touch.

I clench my jaw.

— "Yeah. Everything's alright" I lie and avoid the NFL topic. "Look, I have to go. I'm seeing Kennedy right now".

Low voices are heard on the other end of the line, so I assume Brooke is with Alex.

— "Okay...well, listen, tonight Jax, Alex and I are going to a party to, you know, celebrate that they got into the leagues".

Brooke says it with pity, something that irritates me because I'm not sorry that my friends have entered the leagues after so much effort. On the contrary, it makes me happy for them.

And it's not like I haven't got in.

— "You and Kenny joining us? Keila's already down".

— "I don't think so, Brooke" I step out of the elevator in Kennedy's floor. "I'm spending the night with Kennedy. But thanks for the invite".