Chapter |11| Kennedy

— "Shut the fuck up, Kenny" Keila growls angrily as I prepare at full speed and volume to go to class because I'm late. "I don't understand why the hell you get up so early."

I try not to overthink her angry tone knowing this is her mood when someone wakes her up.

— "I'm sorry. It's already 8:00 am, don't you have classes?".

I shove my books inside my backpack silently.

— "I'm not going today... in a couple of hours we fly to..." she yawns between her words, and I can't understand what she was saying.

We're would we fly to? She must be daydreaming.

— "Okay, sorry again. I'll change and leave".

I grab the first thing I find in my closet. A Chase Atlantic t-shirt, jeans, my Chucks and a  jacket since it's getting cold outside.

My phone vibrates. I look and find some messages from Leilani and Aiden.

8:02 am, Leilani: 'I'm not going to class. Leave me your notes. Thanks, love u bitch'.

I sigh frustrated.

I don't like being surrounded by a lot of people, much less people I don't know, it's already difficult for me with those I do know. But Leilani's company in class is always pleasant and in part I feel protected since several times some guys tried to approach me and Leilani shoos them away.

I'm grateful for that. I don't know how to say no.

And look what happened because I didn't open my mouth. There's no one to blame but me.

I read Aidens text before giving in to the black smoke in my head.

7:30 am, Aiden: Flying to Boston. We have a game. Have you been able to find out about Keila?

I frown as I the first part of his message. I had no idea they were going to play a game in Boston, Jax hasn't told me anything.

I try not to overthink the fact that my brother doesn't confide that much in me since the incident and focus on the second part of the text.

Last week when I met up with Aiden, he asked me if Keila was seeing someone or if he could get another chance with her. Keila hasn't been paying as much attention to him as I thought she would, so he wants me to find out.

I watch Keila sleeping and then answer Aiden.

8:05 a.m., Kennedy: 'Not yet. When I know I'll tell you'.

I grab my backpack and my phone vibrates but I don't have time to see who texted.

I open the door ready to get to class and bump into Brooke who has a suitcase next to her and looks at me with a frown.

— "Where are you going, Kenny?"

— "To class?"

— "The plane takes off in half an hour".

My confused face makes her laugh.

— "I guess Jax hasn't told you. They play in Boston tonight. And well, I always go to see them, especially Alex, but don't tell that to Reed because he's going to be a jealous baby. Anyway, you guys are coming with me today. I texted Keila last night but..." Brooke looks over my shoulder at Keila and rolls her eyes "Seems like she forgot to tell you".

— "Keila went out last night and when she came back, I was already sleeping. Maybe it's better for you to go, I don't want to miss classes...I'm not doing very well" I say the last part quietly. I don't want them to know how humiliating I am.