Chapter 35 |Kennedy|

One of the many weights I carry in my chest lifts when Mr.Martinez, from Psychology Law I, tells me I passed my final exam.

— "Kenny!" Leilani calls me as I leave the room.

She jogs to me excitedly and hugs me breathlessly.

I pat her back a few times, trying to reciprocate the gesture the bees way as possible.

I'm still trying to process all the hugging with people.

Everyone except Reed.

Don't think about him. Not now.

— "I still can't believe we're finished with our first year" she steps backs with a smile plastered on her face "I already feel like a professional psychologist".

I smile at her dramatics.

— "Me neither".

We both walk out of the building, the sun warming us instantly.

— "It's so freaking hot" Leilani covers her eyes "I love summer. Going with Jake to Europe tonight? What about you? What are your plans?".

— "Oh, wow. Fancy" I admit, excited for her and with the hope of one day getting to know Europe. "I'm staying here with Keila".

— "Aw, I'm gonna miss you girl" she pats my shoulder and waves at her boyfriend who's waiting next to her car.

I wave at Jake and he returns the gesture.

— "'kay I'm gonna get going" she gives me a short goodbye hug "I'll see you in three months, and get ready for a pic bombardment of Europe 'cause you're practically my only friend".

— "'l'll delate some photos for storage" I mock and she chuckles. "Have fun".

— "Will do" is all she says before running away straight into her boyfriend's arms.

He could be here. You could run straight into his arms.

My phone chimes and I take it out of my bag, my chest constricting when I see some messages from Reed.

I turn it off without looking at them, containing myself.

I know I can't ignore him nor what we have to talk anymore. I have been doing it for the past five days, answering his texts dryly,making excuses when he wants to see me, and even when he knocked on my door a couple of times I pretended I wasn't there.

When in reality I was right behind that door, silent tears falling down my eyes.

I shut my eyes tightly and remind myself that later. Later I'll talk to him.

— "KENNY!!!" an exited yell takes me out of my thoughts.

I don't have time to process anything before Keila throws herself on top of me, hugging me with everything she has and almost knocking me to the ground.

— "I passed!" she woo-hoo's "One year down. Three more to go".

We break our hug and I smile at her, proudly.

— "I knew you would. Congratulations" I turn to Brooke. "What about you?".

— "B+ in anatomy" she grins.

— "Oh, wow, Brooke. That's amazing...you're, wow, medicine is definitely for the braves and gifted".

— "You're always stroking my ego. Keep doing that and I'm going to end up like Reed".

Don't think about him. Don't think about that.

— "But how did you do?" Keila asks, thankfully breaking my thoughts of Reed.