Chapter |19| Kennedy

Halloween is my favorite holiday since I was a girl.

— "Isn't this a lot?" I ask my friends while looking down at my costume.

Brooke turns from the front seat and looks at me.

— "I think you look hot as fuck and no one's going to be able to tear their eyes or jumping from and on you".

I smile fakely as to not show Brooke that her words send a chill through my body and panic me.

— "So hot" Keila adds from the passenger seat "How do I look? Am I giving the 'I wanna have freaky sex tonight' vibe?".

— "You're always giving that vibe" Brooke states facts "And you're going to get since you're also so goddamn hot".

She's right. Keila looks so hot in her sexy nurse costume.

Brooke also does in her Catwoman outfit, which she told us is matching with Alex who's going as Batman.

I'm dressed as white angel. My costume consisting on a matching white skirt and corset top that barely holds my boobies and leaves my belly piercing bare.

While I was changing, I was about to have a panic attack from how uncomfortable I was feeling in my own skin, memories from last Halloween with Will invading my head. But I toke a pill, Brooke did my makeup and got me a crown headband to wear, and Keila told me a hundred times I looked so good that I ended up putting the custom without overthinking.

And I do look pretty. Though I'm almost sure in half and hour I'm going to want to put my comfy pajamas back on.

— "Now let's go get drunk" Keila shouts excitedly and opens the car door. "Not you, Kenny. You're driving back".

I nod as opening my door and stepping out of the car.

The three of us walk to the entrance of the house. Keila hugging me over my shoulder which I let for a few seconds, her hug comforts the nerves flooding though the blood in my body.

— "Reed outdid himself with the decorations" Keila comments.

And she's right. The house if covered with pumpkins, cobwebs, fake spiders, toilet paper and even fake corpses.

Brooke laughs. "Reed wouldn't do it even if you paid him. He paid Alex and Jax to do it".

Well then, my brother and Alex could be designers. They did good.

We enter the house, which is flooding with people, most of them making out at the walls and on the couches as if they didn't care about their privacy.

Poor Reed. He'll have to clean those couches after.

We follow Brooke to the kitchen. I bump into a lot of people who make disgusting remarks about mine and Keila's appearance and makes the hairs on my arm stand on end.

I take Keila's arm to assure myself I'm not alone and to not loose myself in the big crowd.

When we enter the kitchen, which is much less abundant, I sight out of relief and break my hold on Keila's arm when I can feel the air returning to my lungs and breathing correctly.

— "Meaw, catwoman" Alex appears next to Brooke, cup of booze in hand. He doesn't waste a second before grabbing her waist, pulling her towards him and kiss her.

I advert my gaze to my brother who appears behind Alex.

I smile at him, but I don't have his attention. Jax's looking at Keila up and down, analyzing her costume with a tense jaw.

— "Weird not to see you dressed as Cruella" he tells her.

— "Yeah, me too. Thought I was going to see Satan, not a hot minion".