Special Chapter |Valentine's Day|

This chapter takes place some months later after the second epilogue.

Kennedy's pov:

I woke up at 6am just to decorate the penthouse.

Call me pathetic, but I'm not not celebrating Valentine's Day.

Not when that's been my big dream as a little kid, and now I can check it off list by having my amazing boyfriend to spend it with. 

I look around the place.

Heart shaped balloons and pennants hanging above the chimney, rose petals on the floor and cozy matching pajamas sitting on the couch waiting to be put on.

I grin, proudly by my over decorating.

He's not going to be that thrilled about the bunny holding hearts pajama's part.

But I'm still going to oblige, if not beg him to wear them.

I take out my phone from my hoodie and snap a picture of how it turned out.

Then I send it to the group chat with my best friends, instantly getting a reply.

7:01 a.m., Brooke: 'That's dedication. I love Alex but would never wake up to do that'.

7:03 a.m., Keila: 'Me neither. At least not for Greyson. I'm content with morning sex'.

7:05 a.m., Kennedy: 'I'm going to bake heart shaped waffles right now'.

7:07 a.m., Keila: 'Love that for you. For me it's still early to manage all this cuteness'.

7:09 a.m., Brooke: 'Same. Love you, Kenny. But I'm going back to sleep'.

I turn of my phone and walk into the kitchen.

My friends' comments don't stop me from taking out the flour and sugar from the cabinets.

After all we've been and not been through with Reed, I sometimes like to make something special for us. So does he.

So, all this decoration and baking for today isn't tiresome. On the other hand, it's warming.

I put on some low music as to not wake Reed up and start preparing the pancake mix.

Along the way I end up making some hot chocolate, topping both mugs with cream and heart shaped marshmallows on top.

I'm singing along 'Young and Beautiful' from Lana del Rey when some big familiar arms wrap around my waits.

I jump by the unexpected touch, but one second later end up relaxing against Reed's body.

— "I woke up and you weren't there..." he whispers against my neck, trailing kisses all over it "and you know the first thing I love to look at when I wake up is your stunning face".

I close my eyes by the warm of his mouth and swallow a mouth-closed moan.

— "I...Valentine's Day and wanted to avail the early sunrise and decorate".

— "Mmm" he doesn't stop trailing kisses "Beat me on Halloween, Christmas and now Valentine's Day. You have to leave some holiday up to me, sweetheart".

— "I'll leave the next one to you" I murmur.

He nods satisfied, then gently grabs my waist and slowly turns me around.

I look up at his green eyes which I love so much, and still am not used to seeing every day.

I smile at him, and his sleepy eyes soften even more.