Chapter |21| Reed

I'm a bad mood since I stepped in the field on the morning.

I've spent all day training. Bocelli is making our lives miserable since the most important game which will define the futures of most of us is approaching.

So the pressure is high, at least with me. From my father, coach and myself.

I cannot afford to not join the Boston NFL. It's all I've been working hard for my entire life.

Nothing should distract me from my priorities and goal.

But I am so very distracted, since the night I kissed her at my house, by thoughts of Kennedy.

Kennedy when I train. Kennedy when I shower. Kennedy when I jack off. Kennedy when I sleep.

I'm so fucked up. And I know I should prioritize myself, but this girl seems to have a strange and dangerous pull on me.

That's why I texted her asking her out to dinner tonight, which is rare of me since I never make the first move with any girl, not this way. Just when I want to fuck them, not...get to know and spending time with them. That never happens to me.

I won't deny I don't want to fuck Kennedy's brains out until she loses the ability to walk and the only words on her mouth are my name while she come, but that's not the only thing I want from her.

I want to hear her talk about herself, the things she likes, and which one makes her sad. Because I see those beautiful eyes and they do have pain behind, even though she tries to hide it.

But I see her.

My phone chimes with a text, which I open instantly.

9:10 p.m., Kennedy: 'I'll be down now.'

I turn off the engine, get off the bike and lean on it as I reply her message.

9:11 p.m., Reed: 'Take as long as you need.'

I'm about to put my phone away until I receive an incoming call from my little sister, Raelynn.

It doesn't take me a second to answer.

— "Hey kiddo. How are you doing" I greet my little sis.

— "I'm not a kid, Reed. I'm almost 18".

I chuckle at her irritated remark. I just know she rolled her eyes when I called her kiddo.

But I can't help it. My sisters were and will always be little to me, and I'll protect them with my life.

— "I'm good. Just wanted to call since you never do. I miss you, you idiot".

— "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Training's going on hard, plus dad constantly crawling at my back and being a pain in my ass" I rub my neck, feeling guilty for not making enough time to check on Raelynn. "You okay? How's school going?".

— "You know I hate school and the people here. I can't wait to go to college and get away..." she sights sounding frustrated. "I just...can we see each other one of these days, Reed? I really would like and need it".

On another day I would laugh at her comment, she always exaggerates about how much she hates school. We all did at some point.

But the closed off and sad tone in which she voices it stops me.

I frown, smile whipping of my face.

— "Everything okay, Rae? You know you can talk to me about anything. I've always got your back" I assure.

Raelynn stays silent for a moment and the muscles in my body tense at overthinking something could be wrong with her if she's not feeling emotionally good.