Epilogue 2

3 years later: Denver, Colorado.

— "I can't believe we made it" Keila whispers, sadly "It's the end of another chapter".

I take her hand, tightly and comfortingly.

I smile at her, though it hurts to be here, with her by her side closing his chapter of my life.

But better things are coming. I just know it.

Kei smiles back at me, her eyes watering.

— "Always together. Kindergarten. Senior Year. Now college. This is not the end, is it?".

— "Of course, it isn't" I assure, while the rector announces the names of the graduated to receive their diplomas "You're not getting rid of me".

Keila louds full volume, without bothering we're in the middle of the ceremony.

— "I would never want that. And I think it's the other way around. You're never getting rid of me".

— "You better call me every day" I threat, jokingly. Kind of. I really need my best friend. "Chicago is not far, but also not that affordable to visit every time I want to see you. And that's almost every day".

— "Every hour, of every day" her face says 'duh'. "I'm hesitating if moving into Greyson's or not, lately he's been insufferable about our future plans and having a family. I'm almost 22, not 27. I don't want to have a child right now".

Keila's boyfriend has been accepted in one of the NBL's and moved to Chicago a couple of weeks back. Keila, dating him now for almost four years, decided it was ready to move in. Though she had her doubts at first, she didn't want to leave me. We've been together all our 19 years of life, and it's going to be hard not seeing each other every day.

But it's a new path. For both of us. So, we're parting states.

— "Oh, wow" I say, surprise evident in my voice "I mean, that's soon...but you know, I wouldn't mind being an auntie".

Keila punches me in the arm.

— "That hurt, you bitch" I growl at her.

— "Cry baby. Don't even bring children into the equation if you don't want me to do it again" she warns, then turns serious. "Have you already decided what you're going to do?".

Her question throws me off balance. I can't even manage words, so I deny.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life, where I want to move. I could go to Chicago, with Keila. Jax, Brooke and Alex are also there, so I wouldn't be alone.

But deep down, I think I know where I really want to know. Now that I am ready.

My gaze unconsciously scans the stands where people are sitting, from one end to the other.

Brooke, Alex, Jax, all who smile at me when they catch my eyes. Willow, Keila's parents nor Jax's fiancé is the face I'm searching for.

I turn back to the stage when I don't see him, my chest constricting.

Don't cry.

You were so stupid for expecting him to come.

I don't know why you're hurt. It's not like you're together. You haven't even seen him in almost three years.

He moved on with his life. You don't talk anymore. Why would he think about you, or come to see you graduate? He has a new life and probably a new girl.

— "He didn't c-come" I can't help but express my pain to my friend.

Keila doesn't bother turning and looking for him, she already knows who I'm talking about.