Chapter |24| Reed

I've been staring at my room ceiling for the past hour.

The clock ticks 8 in the morning, and I finally break my staring and turn to look at Kennedy.

She's sleeping peacefully. Her head resting on my chest, breathing sow and rhythmic, thick lips slightly open and snoring a little. Which on the one side arouses me, and on the other it seems like the cutest thing.

Just because it's her.

When I sleep with Alex, and he snores, I want to punch the living shit out of him.

She's relaxed. As if there was nothing that's tormenting her right now.

I slept three hours all damn night because my head was constantly replaying what the fuck happened.

How I woke up irritated when I heard the doorbell ring because I'm a light sleeper and I really appreciate my hours of sleep. How I went down the stairs wanting to annihilate whoever was behind that door. How when I saw Kennedy hugging herself with red cheeks and teary eyes, completely lost and without hope, something inside me pained and hardened.

The way she was on the verge of crying, but I could tell how she was trying to be strong and not do it in front of me. It's like she thought it would make her look weak.

God, I wanted to tell her that I would never think she's weak.

I don't know what the hell is going on, and I didn't want to jump in and ask so as not to make her uncomfortable, but I'm sure that whatever it is shows that she's the complete opposite of a weak person.

I didn't think for a second before inviting her in, telling her to stay with me, or giving her a hug. A hug that seemed to help with the situation and emotions she was going through because of the way she clung to me as if I were her anchor.

And I will be if that's what she needs.

I just don't like seeing her that way. Broken and lost.

I didn't think for a second before bringing her to my room, where I've never had any women because no one is special to be let in my privacy.

I didn't think about it for a second, when with that trembling and fearful voice she asked me if I could sleep in the same bed with her. I simply got up from the couch and lay down next to her.

I also didn't think before pulling her into my arms, her face resting against my chest, and me stroking her head as she fell asleep.

I didn't think anything, because I didn't feel the need. As if...as if my body and head knew that she belonged here. With me.

What the hell is happening to me.

Kennedy's shaking body re-acquires my attention.

She shakes her head and tries to push me away while murmuring "please, no no no".

As if she wanted to get something or someone away from her.

I gently grab her hip and hug her strongly closer to my body, trying to comfort her from whatever is tormenting her.

— "You're okay" I murmur, hoping she hears me.

— "P-please d-don't" she begs, more desperately. A couple of tears fall down her cheek. "D-don't do this, W-Will. I trusted you, p-please n-no, no, no".

My blood runs cold while hearing the fear in her voice.

God, what the hell happened to her.

What the hell did this Will guy did to her.