Chapter |7| Kennedy

Flashback: 9 years ago. 10 years old.

— "Come on, Kenny. We're going to be late, and I don't want the popular girls to make fun of us" Keila speeds up her steps towards the school entrance.

It's 7am and we enter at 7:30am. I don't know in what world we can be late, but hey, that's Keila. My best friend in the whole world and I wouldn't trade her and her crazy personality for anything.

I start laughing out loud.

— "Don't laugh" she turns around with an angry face while she tries to adjust the backpack that is falling from her shoulder. "I'm serious. Plus, I want good places in the classroom. HURRY UP".

I can't stop laughing at her dramatics and walk slower just to annoy her. Which happens because Kei gives me a serious and completely grumpy face which makes me burst out laughing three times as much.

— "Ugh, sometimes I hate you and your ability to laugh at everything, Kenny" she resumes her hurried, long steps.

I quicken my steps but a hand on my shoulder stops me. I turn to Jax who looks at Keila for a moment and rolls his eyes at her.

— "Don't fall, Cruella".

I don't know where he invited that nickname, because Kei is the complete opposite of Cruella. She is the kindest and most generous person in the world.

— "Shut up, Satan" my friend responds over her shoulder and raises her middle finger.

At her gesture I start laughing out loud again, earning a couple of strange looks from the few people around, and Jax laughs a little softly.

— "She's completely crazy" I calm my laugher "She thinks we're going to be late when we have half an hour till we have the first class."

— "She's a lunatic. I couldn't in a million years be friends with her. I admire your will, Kens" my brother jokes and I elbow him in the abdomen for his words.

— "Shut up, Jax. Kei is the best friend in the world to infinity and beyond..."

— "Oh wow. Good term" he jokes, and I give him a threatening look which makes him laugh.

— "I don't know why you don't like her. And I don't want to know either. I don't like your friends and I'm not telling you."

— "You literally just told me that".

I roll my eyes.

— "You're impossible. Anyway, I better I go because otherwise Keila is going to..."

— "COME ON, KENNY!!" Keila shouts impatiently.

I give her a smile and nod, letting her know I'm coming.

— "She can be impatient sometimes" I adjust the backpack hanging from my shoulder.

— "I would say always, not sometimes" Jax correct, and again for the second time this morning I roll my eyes.

— "Well, see you at dinner? You have practice today, don't you?" I ask.

— "Yeah. I'll be late. But mom said she's making lasagna so I'm not going to miss it. I'm going to try escape from the coach earlier."

— "Mmm, how delicious". Mom is the best cook on the planet, I don't know how I would survive without her exquisite dishes. "Well, I'm leaving."

— "If someone bothers you or says something to you, you come tell me and I'll kick their ass, okay? Nobody messes with my little sister" he assures.