Chapter 5

"Sit still, Miss Callahan, you'll be sorted in a moment." Nurse Blainey practically begged as she tried to tend to Rosie's head injury.

But Rosie was stubborn.

"I told him I was fine!" Rosie insisted, determined to keep turning her head away.

Nurse Blainey was insistent though.

"Mr. Sallow, please, I'll need to pop a stitch in. It's quite a deep gash. If Miss Callahan won't cooperate, I'll need you to restrain her."

"What?!" Rosie exclaimed, her eyes darting between Sebastian and the nurse. "You'll do no such thing! I'm fine!"

Nurse Blainey groaned and made one last attempt to fix the wound which Rosie rejected.

"Alright." She gave Sebastian a nod and he sighed, getting up from the chair next to the hospital bed and pressing his body weight across Rosie's torso, his large hand grabbing her head and turning it to the side so the Nurse could access the gash right at her temple.

Rosie froze. Sebastian was on top of her, pressing his weight against her to stop her from going anywhere. Her heart raced beneath him and she suddenly didn't know what to do with her hands that were firmly pressed against Sebastian's body.

Sebastian felt the tension beneath his hands as he held Rosie in place. He could sense her discomfort which mimicked his own, but he also understood the necessity of what he was doing. "Rosie, just relax. It's for your own good," he whispered, his warm breath brushing against her ear.

Rosie almost stopped breathing, not wanting to inhale anymore of Sebastian's scent and closed her eyes. She tried to imagine she was somewhere else. Anywhere rather than underneath the person she was definitely not supposed to be under.

Nurse Blainey, seized the opportunity, quickly and skillfully popping the necessary stitches into place, efficiently closing the gash on Rosie's temple. Rosie winced at the sensation but refrained from protesting further. Not to end the medical part, but to get Sebastian Sallow off her.

When the tiny procedure was done, Sebastian released his grip, giving Rosie the freedom she craved. She sat up, shooting him a glare of irritation. "I can't believe you did that," she muttered, brushing a strand of hair from her face.

Sebastian sighed, running a hand through his own hair, tucking it back into place. "I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't necessary. You needed to be fixed up and you weren't exactly cooperating."

Rosie muttered something under her breath but before Sebastian could ask her to repeat it, Nurse Blainey had returned.

"I'd like to keep you overnight, just for observation. You did hit your head after all."

Rosie scowled at the idea. "Absolutely not. I'm fine. I've got things to do, places to be," she protested, swinging her legs off the bed, ready to make her escape.

Nurse Blainey raised an eyebrow, folding her arms. "Miss Callahan, it's for your own safety. Head injuries can be serious, and we want to make sure there are no complications."

Sebastian piped up. "Rosie, just stay for the night. It won't hurt."

Rosie shot him a look, but after a moment, she sighed in defeat. "Fine, but only for the night."

Nurse Blainey smiled. "Good."

As the nurse left, Rosie turned her attention back to Sebastian. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

He chuckled. "Just making sure you're taken care of. There's no need to be so stubborn all the time."

"You're one to talk about stubbornness..."