Chapter 8

Sebastian nearly held Rosie's hand and forced her to write her name down on the paper for people wanting to try out for Quidditch.

"Sebastian, I really don't want—"

"Nonsense. Do it and try out and see how you feel. If you don't make the team or you don't like it after that, I'll drop it and leave you alone. But you promised me you'd try out." Sebastian said as they stood in the library, hand on his sassy little hip.

"Fine."

Rosie hated how quickly she folded for him.

Her mind wandered. She couldn't play Quidditch. What happens when she finally finds the moment to execute her task again and has to leave halfway through the season?

But, that wouldn't matter. She wouldn't be there. So maybe having some fun while she was there wasn't necessarily a bad thing...

Rosie took a deep breath and reluctantly conceded to Sebastian's persistence. She reached for the quill and parchment, jotting down her name amidst the list of potential Quidditch players with Sebastian breathing down her neck. As she finished writing, Sebastian beamed at her, triumphantly clapping her on the back.

"There you go! You won't regret this, Rosie, I promise you. You're good." he declared.

A week of anxiety passed for Rosie. She barely focused on class, her friends and Sebastian had offered to run her through a few drills which she refused until she knew if she actually made the team. And on Tuesday afternoon, Rosie found herself on the Quidditch pitch, surrounded by other Ravenclaw students eager to showcase their flying skills. She took a spare flying kit from the change rooms, given to her by the captain, 6th year student, Astoria Crickett. She nervously mounted a broom, casting a glance at Sebastian who stood on the sidelines, grinning from ear to ear. He'd even dragged Ominis with him, though she wasn't sure why. But Ominis seemed less grumpy than usual.

Probably because Sebastian was actually outside doing something other than reading up on spells and dark magic for a cure.

Astoria started the trials, putting everyone through a series of challenging drills and tests. Rosie felt the adrenaline pumping through her veins as she manoeuvred through the air, trying her best to keep up with the players who'd already been in the team for a number of years now. Surprisingly, she found herself enjoying the experience, the wind in her hair, the rush of excitement with each twist and turn.

Sebastian quietly observed her from the sidelines and every successful move earned her a proud grin from him. She did wish for a moment he hadn't come. She found him utterly distracting. Though, that wouldn't have been the worst thing, she thought. She didn't really want to make the team anyway.

As the trials progressed, Rosie's skills became more obvious. She displayed a natural talent for flying that seemed to catch the attention of both the captain and her fellow teammates. Astoria Crickett approached her with a smile as the tryouts wrapped up.

"You've got potential, Rosie. I think you might just make the team," Astoria said with a smile.

Rosie smiled, but her composure slumped when Astoria walked away.

Sebastian jogged over quickly, leaving Ominis in his wake and took the broom from her hands, pulling her tightly into her arms.

"You did great, Rosie!" Sebastian beamed, squeezing her hard. "You'll make it for sure."

"Oh, joy..."

"I know, I know. You don't want to be on the team." He said with a gentle eye roll as he released her from his grips.

The day of the team announcement arrived a week later and Rosie couldn't shake the nervous energy coursing through her. She sat in the common room alone, pretending to read a book while stealing glances at the clock every now and again. As the time drew near, she felt a knot tighten in her stomach, making her want to vomit.