Chapter 63

AN: My good friend, gobletoffeels, on Tumblr ran a poll the other day asking how many times Sebastian Sallow deserved to be slapped with no context, thought it was for how many times he deserved to get slapped for his shenanigans in this story.

The results were (sadly for me and my plot) 10. So between now and the end of this story, poor Seb's gonna be getting slapped 10 times.

 So between now and the end of this story, poor Seb's gonna be getting slapped 10 times

Please enjoy 😂

-

Anne woke up first in the morning, not that she wanted to, it was merely the fact Sebastian had kneed her in the back at least three times and she found herself wondering why she'd even agreed to share the bed with him in the first place.

So she begrudgingly got up and dressed before she made her way over to the small kitchen and began boiling water for tea when she noticed that her bones didn't creak and ache the way they had every morning for years.

Odd.

She continued making her tea, wandering over to the lounge and taking a seat, finding the motion of sitting not as taxing as before.

Very odd.

Sebastian began to make strange groaning noises, akin to a baby tyrannosaurus rex and she realised he was beginning to stir.

He sat up slowly, matted mess of hair protruding straight up in the air as he rubbed his eye with the back of one hand, the other stretching high up into the air.

"Slept well, did you?" Anne asked, turning to look at him from over the back of the sofa.

"I did. You?"

Anne knew he was desperate to ask her how she was feeling. He wanted to know if his cure had worked.

"Fine, if I ignore the knees to my spine."

Sebastian scoffed back a laugh and apologised. He was aware of his tendency to toss and turn during the night, a fact they had both apparently forgotten from their childhood when they agreed to share the bed, though they slept at opposite ends.

After their laughter subsided, an eerie silence fell upon them.

Sebastian was desperate to ask Anne if his potion had worked, if coming back was a grave mistake or not, but he knew that while they had reconciled somewhat, he knew their relationship would never be the same and he had to approach it carefully.

"So, uh–how's your tea?" He asked, slipping a shirt over his pyjama pants.

"I feel great, Seb. I know you want to ask. The aches are gone this morning, I didn't even need to add my medicinal herbs to the tea."

Sebastian was stunned into silence.

He never believed in twin telepathy and all that other bullshit, but sometimes Anne had him questioning if it actually was a thing.