Chapter 21

With the Christmas holidays over, Hogwarts returned to full capacity, which meant Rosie had to return to her own dormitory, much to Sebastian's displeasure.

"I can't believe that fucking imbecile! Getting rid of the curfews and reinstating Quidditch? It's like he wants you to be killed!" Sebastian raged, walking out of the Great Hall after a rather eventful evening speech, or rather a spiel, by Headmaster Black.

Truthfully, Rosie had tuned out to half of it. She always did. In her short time at 1890s Hogwarts, one of the few things she had learned was that Headmaster Black was a rambler, ignorant and a pureblood supremacist.

Perfect for someone like herself, if she believed in it.

"Sebastian, relax. I'm sure it will be fine." Rosie tried to reassure him.

"Ah! Miss Callahan!" Professor Weasley called out, startling both Rosie and Sebastian. "Just who I was looking for, I'd like to have a word with you."

Rosie followed her with Sebastian trailing close behind like a lost dog.

The door to Professor Weasley's office slammed closed, missing Sebastian's nose by millimetres and he was left with no choice but to press his ear to the door and listen, unless he wanted to simply burst in and demand he also know what was deemed so important.

"Please, sit down, Primrose." Professor Weasley directed, waving her hand at the empty seat across from her own. "I'm sure you heard Professor Black's announcement about the removal of the extra protection for you at Hogwarts."

"I did." Rosie nodded.

"I had tried to negotiate, however, he is a notoriously stubborn man."

"Tell me about it..." Rosie muttered.

Professor Weasley elected to ignore Rosie's comment and continue with her pre-planned spiel. "I've unfortunately made the extremely tough decision to withdraw you from the Ravenclaw Quidditch team effective immediately. I am sorry, but I cannot risk a repeat of what happened the last time you played."

"Okay." Rosie said, nonchalantly.

Professor Weasley cocked an eyebrow. "I'm sorry?"

"That's okay."

"I'd have thought you'd be a bit more disappointed." She said, scratching her head.

But Rosie just shrugged. "To be honest, Professor, I'm only playing because Sebastian convinced me to."

Weasley's fingers tapped on the table before sliding her glasses up the bridge of her nose, her eyes narrowing. "Yes... Mr. Sallow. I've noticed you two are awfully close."

Professor Weasley's stern eyes met Rosie's, but she didn't even flinch, her expression revealing nothing.

"Close? Yes, we're friends. Is there a problem?" Rosie replied casually, crossing her arms.

The professor sighed, leaning back in her chair. "No. Though, I had heard he had returned home from Christmas holidays early. And you went missing for a week."

But Rosie remained calm. "Yes, you heard correctly. We enjoyed a nice Christmas together with Ominis. But other than that, it was rather boring."

"Alright." Professor Weasley said, letting her posture relax a little. "If we are in agreement with the Quidditch team, I will dismiss you."

"Thank you, Professor." Rosie said standing up.

She quickly walked to the door and swung it open, stepping out into the corridor and straight into Sebastian, who in his attempt to keep himself upright, grabbed Rosie's Ravenclaw robe and dragged her down with him, his head smacking into the floor below with a thump.