Chapter 6

"Ah, just the two people I wanted to see."

Rosie was startled from her sleep in the wee hours of the morning by Professor Weasley's way too chirpy voice for the time if what she could see from Sebastian's pocket watch beside her was correct.

She felt incredibly grateful that at some point in the night, they'd wriggled out of each others grasps and were now sleeping back to back.

"Oh. Professor." Sebastian's sleepy voice said as he quickly sat up and swung his legs off the bed in his rush to prove his innocence.

Professor Weasley's eyes twinkled with amusement and maybe even a touch of disappointment as she watched the two of them scramble. Rosie tried to smooth down her tangled hair, feeling a bit disoriented from being abruptly woken up while Sebastian jumped off the bed to stand like he was never there.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Professor Weasley said with a grin, clearly enjoying the mild embarrassment of her two students. "But I have something important to discuss with both of you."

Rosie and Sebastian both looked at her, half expecting to be chastised for their sleeping arrangements.

"It's about the troll attack in Hogsmeade yesterday." She explained.

Rosie breathed a sigh of relief.

"I spoke to Nurse Blainey on my way in and she's ready to discharge you, so when you are ready, I'd like the both of you to please meet me in my classroom before classes begin."

"Yes, Professor." Sebastian and Rosie said in unison.

Sebastian flicked her a grin, while Rosie was more preoccupied with trying to keep distance between herself and Sebastian.

Professor Weasley turned on her heels and walked out of the hospital wing, her robe flicking behind her.

"If they're going to let you go soon, I might head off and change into some fresh robes if that's alright? I'll come collect you from the Ravenclaw tower before we head to her office."

"Surely it's easier for me to just meet you near the Dungeons given it's on the way for me."

"Nonsense. I will see you outside your common room."

Sebastian flashed her a smile and scooped up his bag, cheerfully heading down toward the dungeons before Rosie had a chance to argue.

After a quick visit to the bathroom to freshen up, avoiding getting her red and angry stitches wet, Rosie changed into her school robes and made her way to the entrance of the Ravenclaw common room, leaving to find the face that had promised to be there to escort her down to Professor Weasley's classroom.

"Your hair needs to be brushed." Rosie said, causing the wide smile on Sebastian's face to dim a little.

"Nice to see you too." Sebastian scoffed. "I must say, you look much better with your face not covered in your own blood."

Rosie rolled her eyes, brushing off the comment with a smirk. "Well, thank you, but I simply can't take you seriously with hair like that."

Sebastian chuckled, running a hand through his hair, trying to push it to the side. "Hey, I washed it. You can't have both."

Rosie shrugged past him with a grin and made her way down the Ravenclaw tower, leading the way to the Transfiguration courtyard.

Sebastian followed, falling into step beside her. The early morning air was crisp and dragged Rosie out of her sleepy state from how late she and Sebastian had stayed up playing that bloody infernal gobstones game.